Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Dexter LaMont to Replace Seat Left Vacant by Terry Mohajir

Per FAU announcement today, Dexter LaMont (pictured left above with President Saunders and AD Craig Angelos) has been promoted to Sr. Associate AD for External Relations; thus replacing the seat that was previously held by Terry Mohajir, who left for the University of Kansas at the end of June.

Here is the primary responsibility he will have:

"Oversee eight divisions within the athletics departments including: development, marketing/promotions and special events, premium seats/ticket sales, ticket operations, corporate sales, the university trademark licensing, and the media relations department. His primary focus will be the $70 million on-campus football stadium fundraising campaign."

LaMont was hired as director of marketing for Florida Atlantic University in July of 2002, eventually serving as Assistant Athletic director in February 2005, before this recent promotion.

Back to the top

Re: Dexter LaMont to Replace Seat Left Vacant by Terry Mohajir

Congrats Dexter! You deserve it! I've always enjoyed working with you. You were hired in 2002, and I think you were the first person I met with on campus in August when I was an incoming student who had all these "brilliant" ideas on how to start tradition.

You 'da man! See ya in Denton.

I'm a proud lifetime member of the FAU National Alumni Association. Are you a member? Join now at www.faualumni.org.
Tradition in the Making, One Alum at a Time…
Back to the top

congrats. the guy was/is always very helpful. nice job to keep in house.
Back to the top

Dexter LaMont to Replace Seat Left Vacant by Terry Mohajir

Dexter's always been one of the "good guys" over in athletics. Congrats!

On a totally unrelated note: does anyone know if the other Lamont (Dave) will be back this season?  I've always loved listening to him on the radio and it would be a shame if he didn't come back. He was just saying what everyone in the sunbelt thinks every Saturday. 

AEA
Go play Intramural Sports! www.fau.edu/campusrec/imsports/
Back to the top

My brother works in radio... He thinks he will be back... We need a real voice at least for the inaugural season of the stadium...

"What counts is not necessarily the size of the dog in the fight - it's the size of the fight in the dog."
-Dwight D. Eisenhower
Back to the top

JMP was just released from service of the FIU broadcasts. He would also be amicable I suppose.

I like both Ken and Dave, so I would not want a change.

I just hope to hell I can hear the damn station now that we are in Boca. I tried to listen to the broadcast while at the games in lockhart and the signal was so damn low you couldnt even pick it up.

I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick @$$ and I'm out of bubble gum.

Back to the top

owlfamily said

JMP was just released from service of the FIU broadcasts. He would also be amicable I suppose.

I like both Ken and Dave, so I would not want a change.

I just hope to hell I can hear the damn station now that we are in Boca. I tried to listen to the broadcast while at the games in lockhart and the signal was so damn low you couldnt even pick it up.

You'll be able to hear Dave in Boca. Just listen for the banging on the press box windows.

AEA
Go play Intramural Sports! www.fau.edu/campusrec/imsports/
Back to the top

Hear today that Ken Lavicka will be announced as the official announcer for FAU football games this year with Dave Lamont doing a lot for ESPN they wanted someone steady.

Also Coach O'connor is having health issues so ex FAU football player Jason Pugh may get the color commentary duties.

I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick @$$ and I'm out of bubble gum.

Back to the top
Control functions: