Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Question about the Tunnel Helmet

Add topic

http://media.photobucket.com/image/fau%20football/loxahatchee/gophersgame/minnesotaweek042.jpg

So with the new stadium and all, does anyone know if the school is getting a better blow up helmet for the tunnel the players run out of?  the old one was cool and all but looks like it is about to fall apart.

Just curious.
Back to the top

Re: Question about the Tunnel Helmet

Decent queston, they show a helmet on the stadium site. With a new stadium maybe they should start with a new helmet inflatable too. If it looked old in Lockhart, it can't look any better and in fact will look much worse in our beautiful sparkling new house.
Back to the top

That is exactly what I was thinking.  Either a new one or something new.  We cant spend millions on a stadium and nothing for a tunnel entrance!
Back to the top

I want to see 2 giant water cannons shooting out seawater onto the field as the team runs out. The fans then scream "BLUE WAVE"

I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick @$$ and I'm out of bubble gum.

Back to the top

Good question…

Inquired about this and will report back later!
Back to the top

Those things are expensive!

Ohh….. the tunnel days… I remember get stuck under it one time. In fact, it was the last home game of my "college career." I think Schnellenberger spoke to a higher power and prayed for me to get stuck under the helmet so I didn't leave!

I'm a proud lifetime member of the FAU National Alumni Association. Are you a member? Join now at www.faualumni.org.
Tradition in the Making, One Alum at a Time…
Back to the top

Rick said

Good question…

Inquired about this and will report back later!

Ok, so here's the deal…I was flat out WRONG on the entry area!

The players will take the filed through the South West entry way (right next to student section)…that is where the recruting room, and locker rooms are located…they will be installing an awning and some other decoratives there as well - a wave for one!

They will leave the field through a doorway at the 50 yard line at the half, and then return again afterwards.

Will post a photo of the entry way a little later for visual effect :)

Oh, and, the inflatable helmet is still going to be a part of it…….

Back to the top

The visiting team will be entering the field from the 50 yard line underneath the home stands.
Back to the top

Here's a shot of the "tunnel" the team will be headin' out of, but still not completed obviously…

The metal at the top is shaped like a wave and will have a blue covering, like water.

Thanks to Katrina McCormack for the shot!

ERROR: A link was posted here (img) but it appears to be a broken link.

Back to the top

Question about the Tunnel Helmet

Nice! thanks for finding that out!  Man I would be excited to be a player running out of that tunnel!
Back to the top
Control functions: