Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

FAN POLL: Football Games Owls Will Win in 2011

How many Games Can the Owls Pull Out in 2011

12-0 Baby
10-11 Looking Good
8-9 Bowl Bound
6-7 On the Road for the Holidays
4-5 Same Ol' Same Ol'
2-3 Doom & Gloom On the Horizon
When Does Next Season Start?

You must select between 1 and 43 options

On tap out of the gate this year, Florida Atlantic will participate in a 2011 USA Today Preseason Top 25 Coaches Poll Hat Trick:

23. Florida
17. MSU
19. Auburn

The above slate is a tough road to hoe, and will slant the L column in all likelihood.

It's no secret that FAU will need to reinvent itself this year; as a host of new talent must emerge at the skill positions.

However, the defense looks to be stronger than in the past two seasons, and that could help carry the load at times for a potentially struggling offense.

So, its time to pony up the prognostication…

What says you??

Back to the top

Re: FAN POLL: Football Games Owls Will Win in 2011

The D will be better and will surprise some folks with the 3-4.

The Oline will be better by virture of impossible to be worse. Experience and beef helps.

However, having basically a "rookie" QB, WR, and TE core will not get us a lot of points.

Old School Morris will need to be huge, but everyone will key in on him.

4-5 wins I'm afraid and home again for bowl season which I'm ok with because of the new stadium. I just dont want to watch the Amber Kitties play again during the holidays.  ;D

I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick @$$ and I'm out of bubble gum.

Back to the top

owlfamily said

…having basically a "rookie" QB, WR, and TE core will not get us a lot of points.

I just dont want to watch the Amber Kitties play again during the holidays.  ;D

+1

Or lose to them!
Back to the top

Per Teb Hutton's blog,
In 2007 we played three ranked opponents:
No. 14 Kentucky
No. 6 USF
No. 12 Florida

That year we finished 7-5 with Sun Belt Champs and our first Bowl game (8-5)…What doesn't kill you, makes you stronger.
I say 6-7 inspired wins this year…"Bring 'em on baby"!

Go Owls!
Back to the top

I am in the 6 -7 wins category.  This is the Sunbelt and anyone can beat anyone (except maybe Troy).

The defense will step up, the o-line will step up, Morris will be a weapon and we pull out a couple close wins we lost last year.

Win 6+, beat the kitties as usual, enjoy the new stadium, build for the next year and I will be a very happy Owl.

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

I am going on the low side, every year i get my expectations up and let down, this year I am expecting it, or the opposite a big surprise happens, but I expect the worse.
Back to the top

FAN POLL: Football Games Owls Will Win in 2011

8 wins are possible, all five home games are winable along with at NT, LL and FIU of course!
Back to the top

I am going with 6 wins but no bowl.

So many unknowns:

OL-I agree they will be better by virtue of they can't be worse (that's not a dig at the players–it takes time to build a solid OL).
D-See above.  I like that we are trying a new D.  I am hoping there is less thinking and more reacting.
QB-I am not as concerned here because our QBs throughout our history are typically all the same mold (with Embick maybe being the exception). Howard knows QBs.  I think you can flip a coin on this.
Receivers-I am clueless on this one, but am confident you can find an athlete in Florida that can catch a football.

OL is the key to college football so we shall see.  Alfred is a stud.  He just needs a step.

My hope is that the stadium will generate excitement on the field and in the stands to be an emotional lift and turn a normal 3 point loss into a 3 point win and give us a win or two that we may not have had in Lockhart.

I would really like to see some discipline and maturity on the field.  Stupid penalties that help opponents sustain drives make me crazy.  Penalties for celebration make me crazy.  Forget whether or not it is a stupid rule…if it is a rule, don't do it–plain and simple.

Go Owls!!
Back to the top

I think 6-7 is probably generous. However, most SBC games are a toss-up so that means that FAU has as good a chance as anyone in the conference to finish near the top.

These are my reasons that FAU will push to win 6.

1) Improved O-line with significantly more game experience.

2) New scheme on D and a solid core of returning players with experience.

3) Alfred Morris at RB.

4) The emotion of a new on campus stadium will finally give FAU a home field advantage.

GO OWLS!!!

2017 and 2019 Conference USA Champions
Back to the top

I want to believe we are going to win 6 games this year. But the QB is the most important position in professional sports. Unfortunately our QB's have little to no experience. Therefore I think we will win more like 4 to 5 games.  I am not sure if Howard had faith on the backups, but I recall the Troy game where he could have given the backup QB some action, but decided to run the ball when we were getting blown out. More senior moments of 2010.  ???

I hope they prove me wrong and we become bowl eligible.
Back to the top
Control functions: