Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Quotes from Coach and President Saunders on Retiring from Football...

"After looking at the situation, Beverlee and I are delighted that the University has welcomed our decision to leave the coaching ranks following the 2011 season. We will continue our relationship with the University in the most pronounced way. I feel this will be the most seamless and best way to formulate a transition from coaching to an ambassador for the University."

"Let me make it quite clear that this does not detract from our avowed goal to providing the best football team this season, one that will challenge for the Sun Belt championship followed by the appropriate bowl appearance."

- Coach Howard Schnellenberger

“Coach Howard Schnellenberger’s legacy as FAU’s first football coach will remain with this university forever. His vision, remarkable fortitude, unwavering leadership and dedication to the sport of football have been the strength behind the development of the team and the remarkable football stadium that will carry his legacy.  We are forever grateful for his founding leadership of our football program, and I personally look forward to working with Coach in his new capacity as our first Ambassador for Development and Athletics.”

- FAU President Mary Jane Saunders
Back to the top

Re: Quotes from Coach and President Saunders on Retiring from Football...

So, get it straight…he decided to leave.

Secondly, he promises a Bowl this year.  Nothing else short of that would honor the man appropriately, so here's to Hoping that the Team will pull it off.

I know there is a lot of downward forecasting on this bunch right now, but a familiar story comes to mind which offers another outcome.

Get er' dun.
Back to the top

Nice photo gallery of today and yesteryear up at www.fausports.com:

Link to Gallery
Back to the top

Very surprising to me to happen so quickly, but that is Coach - Class! No controversy to distract or pull the team down.

8-4 is all the more possible now. I have always said poor WKU because of the opening game factor, now I include poor ULM - Coach's last home game on HIS FIELD, gonna be emotional AND CRAZY!!!

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

All I can say is Thank You Coach for everything that you have done for our University! 
Back to the top

I sure hope they get the Howard Schnellenberger Field sign up for opening day, because that would be pretty cool!

Back to the top

Quotes from Coach and President Saunders on Retiring from Football...

NCowl said

I sure hope they get the Howard Schnellenberger Field sign up for opening day, because that would be pretty cool!

I like this. We need to get in M'S ear on this.
Back to the top

NCowl said

And get started on the bronze statue for next season!
Back to the top

FAUfasho said

NCowl said

And get started on the bronze statue for next season!

+1
Back to the top

Save the money for the statue and give use it to get a Top level coach.

We can ALWAYS get a statue for Coach later. The pressing need now is for a good coach to continue the legacy that HS has started.

I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick @$$ and I'm out of bubble gum.

Back to the top
Control functions: