Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

New Commit Chad Ward thinks Leach will be his coach

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/fau-owls/sfl-recruiting-chad-ward-fau-081411,0,85258.story

When asked if he was solid to FAU, Ward had an interesting response.

He said, "As of right now, because Coach [Howard] Schnellenberger, he's going to be leaving after this year so they probably are going to have a new coach. I believe it's going to be [ex-Texas Tech head coach] Mike Leach, so that would open up a door for me.

"With him as the head coach," Ward continued, "they might throw the ball 40 to 50 times a game like he did at Texas Tech."

Interesting.  He must have been told this by someone…unless he is just reading FAU blogs and this message board.  :D
Back to the top

Re: New Commit Chad Ward thinks Leach will be his coach

Very interesting!  Fingers are crossed…..maybe Fasho called the Sentinel?
Back to the top

OWL4EVER said

Lol..I love that people bring up my name when talking about Leach. My friend suggested I make a "We Want Leach at FAU" facebook page,lol…Back on topic, this could be a sign of what's to come if Leach actually came, his name alone would draw better recruits
Back to the top

FAUfasho said

OWL4EVER said

Lol..I love that people bring up my name when talking about Leach. My friend suggested I make a "We Want Leach at FAU" facebook page,lol…Back on topic, this could be a sign of what's to come if Leach actually came, his name alone would draw better recruits

I think it's good we make it known who we would like to see hired, at least interviewed.

And think of it this way Fasho, if he does get hired you can take co-ownership of it between you and Hutton for getting him here.
and I'm game to the FB page, send me the link to "like" it!!!
Back to the top

it also shows the impact a coach like Leach has for recruiting, it's only a rumor and this kid wants to come here. I don't think they should wait until December to name a coach… they should do it soon and take advantage. And I'm not saying do it now, but maybe by October when we open the stadium.
Back to the top

These are good signs as to what a big name coach can do for recruiting. 
Back to the top

FAU said

These are good signs as to what a big name coach can do for recruiting.

Not just recruiting, but ticket sales! I've been saying for months that no one will want to come watch us (right away) if we hire a no name coordinator. Maybe if we are very successful, but who knows how long that will take.

A big name, Leach, Shannon, (Terry) Bowden could put butts in seats no matter how good our team is, at least in the beginning.
Back to the top

New Commit Chad Ward thinks Leach will be his coach

Give Coach his day - opening day of the new stadium, but then announce the Head Football Coach of the FAU Owls for the 2012 season is Mike Leach at the second home game, vs. MTSU on TV.

Talk about making a spash and a statement to recruits across the country and the free advertising for your recruiting program. We would have a minimum of ten (10) 3 and 4 star commits within a week!

I 100% agree with NCowl - don't wait. There are several very high profile, quality Coaches available now, all with the particular baggage, needing another head coaching opportunity. Why wait to see who has been fired during the season, if they got fired during their season either they were not doing very well or have their own issues a University is trying to get away from.

And no one will have a more exciting team and fill 30,00 seats for every game like Leach!
Back to the top

FAUfasho said

My friend suggested I make a "We Want Leach at FAU" facebook page,lol

I definitely think you should! Make sure to invite Ted Hutton because he's been a member of team Leach for a while now

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top
Control functions: