Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

FAU's Second 2012 commitment - Chad Ward

Add topic

New FAU stadium attracts Atlantic WR Chad Ward to Owls | High School Buzz

Though he won’t be playing for legendary coach Howard Schnellenberger, Atlantic senior Chad Ward will be one of the first class of players to break in Florida Atlantic’s sparkling new stadium.

Ward (6-3, 185, No. 18 on the Big Board) said Saturday he will commit to FAU. Ward said the location of the school and the Owls recently opened, 30,000-seat home were the reasons Ward pledged.

“Close to home. New stadium! Love the school,” Ward said, when asked his reasons for choosing FAU.

A physical, sure-handed presence as a receiver, Ward caught 12 passes for 173 yards and 1 touchdown as a junior and burst onto the recruiting scene with a big offseason. Ward had standout performances in 7-on-7 tournaments and Atlantic’s spring game win over Glades Central.

A two-star prospect according to Rivals, Ward also had an offer from Bryant. He said he always wanted his Delray Beach friends and family to be able to see him play on Saturdays.

“FAU was always at the top,” Ward said.

FAU went 4-8 in 2010, with a 3-5 record in Sun Belt Conference play. The Owls open 2011 at Florida and play four more road games before breaking in the as-of-now-unnamed stadium Oct. 15 against Western Kentucky.

Check out the GPA

Chad Ward - Yahoo! Sports
Back to the top

Re: FAU's Second 2012 commitment - Chad Ward

While his numbers are not impressive he is a stud he will put up big numbers for Atlantic this yr...
Back to the top

He's got great size, and we are finally attracting guys who are over 6' consistently….nice.

On a side note, believe ESPN760 had this first…

Link

Back to the top

Very good! I love tall receivers personally, such an advantage over 5'10" corners even without great speed.
Back to the top

He said, "As of right now, because Coach [Howard] Schnellenberger, he's going to be leaving after this year so they probably are going to have a new coach. I believe it's going to be [ex-Texas Tech head coach] Mike Leach, so that would open up a door for me.

"With him as the head coach," Ward continued, "they might throw the ball 40 to 50 times a game like he did at Texas Tech."

and even if Leach doesn't come, we have no depth at WR so good chance you can play next year buddy!

;)
Back to the top

He also talks about another school not offering yet…

If your mind is made up, you don't keep talking about things like that?
Back to the top

FAU's Second 2012 commitment - Chad Ward

Isn't that other school Alabama?

Sure Suzy, I'll go to prom with you, unless Jessica Alba asks me.
Back to the top

TeamBeer said

Isn't that other school Alabama?

Sure Suzy, I'll go to prom with you, unless Jessica Alba asks me.

+1
Back to the top

Ha ha...
Back to the top

Through 5 games he has 16 catches, 280 yards and 5 TDs
Back to the top
Control functions: