Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

UM in a mess of trouble!!!

Add topic

Back to the top

Re: UM in a mess of trouble!!!

“Some of those players – a lot of those players – we used to say we were a family,” Shapiro said. “Well, who do you go to for help when you need it? You go to your family. Why the hell wouldn’t I go to them?”

No, you were not a family, you stole money from innocent people in a Ponzi scheme, then "gave" it to players and coaches in an attempt to "be someone" and make friends; since you couldn't make them on your own through normal relations and just being yourself.

Sad…

Miami is going to get whacked hard if this runs the course with a favorable ruling.
Back to the top

Sounds to me that the U may become the next SMU!

THE FACT THAT SOME OF THIS WAS HAPPENING DURING OR EVEN IMMEDIATELY AFTER THE 1995 NCAA PUNISHMENTS AND THAT COACHES FROM MULTIPLE SPORTS WERE INVOLVED, THEY ARE DEAD MEAT!

I wonder if "Golden" boy has an out in his contract, we are still looking for the next FAU coach.
Back to the top

GeorgiaOwl said

Sounds to me that the U may become the next SMU!

THE FACT THAT SOME OF THIS WAS HAPPENING DURING OR EVEN IMMEDIATELY AFTER THE 1995 NCAA PUNISHMENTS AND THAT COACHES FROM MULTIPLE SPORTS WERE INVOLVED, THEY ARE DEAD MEAT!

I wonder if "Golden" boy has an out in his contract, we are still looking for the next FAU coach.

Do you know the definition the "Death Penalty"?  This occurred seven years after probation.  It needs to happen twice, once while ON probation.  The guy admits to not meeting any players until 2002.

Death penalty, no.  USC type sanctions, if any of this is proven, most certainly.
Back to the top

Giving and taking these benefits needs to be criminal.  Players and boosters need to go to jail for this.  Its the only way it stops.

Makes sense, I have been wondering how UM has been recruiting the way they have with the lack of facilities they have compared to most universities they compete with recruits against.

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

walty12 said

Giving and taking these benefits needs to be criminal.  Players and boosters need to go to jail for this.  Its the only way it stops.

Makes sense, I have been wondering how UM has been recruiting the way they have with the lack of facilities they have compared to most universities they compete with recruits against.

They had one good recruiting class, 2008.  The rest were marginal.  They also won 5 National titles with those facilities.
Back to the top

The going to jail thing is really bothering me.  This country locks people up for a bunch of ridiculous things already.  That being said, if this were to happen, you would be going to jail.
Back to the top

UM in a mess of trouble!!!

Seriously Walty, how many stripper abortions have you paid for in the last year for players? And that 50k bonus you paid that one guy, it's gotta stop.

They have to do something to deter the behavior, I don't really blame the players, they're just kids and will make bad decisions but how do you stop a guy like Nevin Shapiro who has deep pockets and a dying urge to be best friends with these guys?
Back to the top

And that is why I beleive the NCAA may be being pushed into a corner with all that is happening in big time college sports today. Someone is going to be made an example of sooner or later and the "death penalty" card played again to  make an example of a dirty program.
And reading this stuff makes USC and Ohio St. seem petty. We are takling about plain and simple immoral, illegal and degrading behavior by MANY players, recruits AND coaches. And I am sure this happening with LOTS of other big time programs too and it has to end!
One more thing, you have to pay x amount of dollars to be considered a booster? Seems like that alone is asking for trouble to me. We won't let you have access to our program until you pay us first?
Back to the top

The abortion and prostitute issues are so far fetched it's unreal.  IF any of this is true, which I believe some of it is, those two issues will be virtually impossible to prove that it happened and that the University or the coaches knew about it.

One of two things need to happen in major college sports, either you start punishing severely (won't happen, too much $$$) or you acknowledge it is going on and figure out a way to live with it.
Back to the top
Control functions: