Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Rusty in Titans Camp

Add topic

Rusty Smith remains patient, ready to compete | Titans Insider

Sounds like Rusty knows his place within the Titans organization.

But i like the following quote:

"While Smith’s reps have been limited recently, he’s performed well when he’s had a chance. There is no denying he has a strong arm."
Back to the top

Re: Rusty in Titans Camp

With a big free agent signing and a No. 1 pick at qb - the door's been pretty much slammed on him at Tennessee. Just keep working and improving and stick on the roster. With a couple years NFL experience he will become a more credible option somewhere in the NFL.
Back to the top

Always roster spots for smart QBs with a head on their shoulders...

"What counts is not necessarily the size of the dog in the fight - it's the size of the fight in the dog."
-Dwight D. Eisenhower
Back to the top

I was just reading some random tweets from the Titans site (sorry i don't have a link).

One of them stated (paraphrase) that practice for the Titan's ended on a high note as Rusty Smith ended practice by throwing a bomb for a TD, and everyone cheered!
Back to the top

Rusty needs to make a move in the next preseason game or you can stick a fork in him as a Titan.  Here are the stats; looks like Locker can play with a quarterback passer rating of 130+.

Tennessee Titans | Player Statistics
Back to the top

Rusty in Titans Camp

From what I read on the Titans board, there were also 2 big drops on passes from Rusty that were right on target.

I think he'll make the roster as the 3rd string QB, but thats about it.

I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick @$$ and I'm out of bubble gum.

Back to the top

Pic Of Rusty and a "friend" from the preseason game.

Tennessee Titans - gallery - NFL - Yahoo! Sports

Nice blocking, see what you get when stuck playing with the guys gonna be cut very soon. And the drops, hope the Coaches consider this stuff.

Locker got to play with the 1's so OF COURSE he did better. Just keep on plugging Rusty!
Back to the top

I want Rusty to succeed as much as anyone on here but we go overboard defending him...the "his teammates quit" excuse from last yr is poor...out of the 4 picks he threw 3 of them were just horrible passes...Rusty as of today is not ready to be a starting QB
Back to the top

Improvisational TD pass from Locker dazzled. Still have to see more, then I will accept that he is the greatest thing since sliced bread.

Beware the talons of the Mighty Owls!
Back to the top

Ratliff cut by Titans, something expected as Rusty has more experience in their system and make less cash. Go Rusty way to stick!
Back to the top
Control functions: