Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

FAU Stadium Traffic Expected to Compare to "Weekday Morning Traffic"

Add topic

OK, so those who have charge on studying how the stadium will impact traffic levels surrounding FAU for games days, including Florida Atlantic's own Tom Donaudy, got together and came up with what seems to be a cause for no concern considering the flow already generated during normal class schedules.

But, some nearby citizens are still concerned…

Owlfamily, you concerned??

;D

I'm not.

============================================================
=======================================

"We modeled on the best game-day scenario for FAU where we had a full stadium, but it's kind of the worst traffic model," said Tom Donaudy, university architect and vice president for facilities at FAU.

Traffic engineers expect about 10,200 vehicles to arrive on FAU's campus during a sold-out event, a level comparable to weekday morning traffic, he said.

Neighbors, city prepare for game day traffic at new FAU stadium

Back to the top

Re: FAU Stadium Traffic Expected to Compare to "Weekday Morning Traffic"

5 games isn't going to kill you, you live next to a college, get over yourself!
::)

hope there is 20,010 cars!

GO OWLS!!!
Back to the top

Nope, not worried.

I know it will be screwed up so I am already prepared for that.  ;D

1st couple games WILL be rough. I believe that some FAU folks are headed up to UCF for one of thier Home games this year to see how they handle and deal with it. I can deal with traffic, and parking screweups because as I am in the middle of that I will see FAU's new stadium and squeal like a lil girl.

I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick @$$ and I'm out of bubble gum.

Back to the top

Wow, 20 people showed up.

Maybe we should postpone the first game until the 40th street ramp is completed.

Here is my plan…get there early, stay late.

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

dusky256fc said

Wow, 20 people showed up.

Maybe we should postpone the first game until the 40th street ramp is completed.

Here is my plan…get there early, stay late.

I agree.

I don't think it's a big issue.  10k cars on a weekend is not as bad as the regular 100s of thousands of cars during the week on I-95 and Glades Rd.

Where the bottle neck will occur is once you get to campus and everyone is waiting to pull into their designated parking area.  That's just the nature of any sporting event. 
Back to the top

I have a couple of concerns with all of this,

signs to direct people where to go- I really hope they provide this information before so people aren't scrambling around the day of because they have no idea what to do

no free parking- so even if i park all the way across campus i have to pay, other schools don't do this and most importantly this will push people to find "free" parking off campus and upset local residents

most of all i hope they publish a parking map that clearly explains what parking is available to who and how much it will cost
Back to the top

Asked a couple of questions at FanFest and was told the parking was going to be a tier based system based on giving and type of tickets purchased everything else would be cash. and there will be a small area for people that are working and going to class to park with their FAU passes.
Back to the top

FAU Stadium Traffic Expected to Compare to "Weekday Morning Traffic"

nowle said

I have a couple of concerns with all of this,

signs to direct people where to go- I really hope they provide this information before so people aren't scrambling around the day of because they have no idea what to do

no free parking- so even if i park all the way across campus i have to pay, other schools don't do this and most importantly this will push people to find "free" parking off campus and upset local residents

most of all i hope they publish a parking map that clearly explains what parking is available to who and how much it will cost

The bolded would be nice, the more information they can get out ahead of time, the easier it will be.

The No Free parking thing for gameday is fine by me. If people want to park off campus and walk then they are welcome to. There really arent a lot of places that are all that close. (I know of 2 but I certainly wont divulge them  :P)

I know it is certainly worth 10 bucks for me to not have to walk a mile and a half to the game.

Back to the top

I personally feel that parking is going to be a disaster just for the reason of lack of space. If we sell out that will be 30,000 or so plus how many workers/press/students already on campus taking up spots so that will be what? 3000 people? I've asked how many spots we have on campus and I've gotten the answer of around 8,000-10,000…So if we have 10,000 spots on campus and 3,000 of them are already taken up that doesn't leave many others for fans. Thank goodness I'll be with the band,lol.
Back to the top

FAUfasho said

I personally feel that parking is going to be a disaster just for the reason of lack of space. If we sell out that will be 30,000 or so plus how many workers/press/students already on campus taking up spots so that will be what? 3000 people? I've asked how many spots we have on campus and I've gotten the answer of around 8,000-10,000…So if we have 10,000 spots on campus and 3,000 of them are already taken up that doesn't leave many others for fans. Thank goodness I'll be with the band,lol.

But not everyone will be driving to the game, and even those that do will not all come individually. I have 3 season tickets but will only be bringing one car.

Plus I think were all hoping a large amount of on campus folks will now be attending games and walking over.

Dont get me wrong, I think it will be a nightmare for a few games as well. Price we must pay to have our baby on campus.

Back to the top
Control functions: