Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Game Week Thread: FAU @ UF - 09/03/11 @ 7:00 p.m.

Add topic

The Matchup: FAU (0-0) vs. UF (0-0)

The Series: UF 1, FAU 0

When: Saturday, September 3rd, 7:00 p.m.

Where: Ben Hill Griffin Stadium

TV: ESPNU

Ticket Info: 1-866-FAU-OWLS

Visitor's Info: Things to Do In Gainesville, FL

Weather: Current Conditions @ Ben Hill Griffin Stadium

Latest Line: Here

Back to the top

Re: Game Week Thread: FAU @ UF - 09/03/11 @ 7:00 p.m.

Florida Atlantic kicks off 2010 with hopes of improving upon a 4-8 finish in 2010, but it likely won't start against the Gators.

Meanwhile, Florida uncharacteristically posted an 8-5 record in 2010 but has since seen an end to the Urban Myers era with Will Muschamp assuming the reigns back on December 11, 2010.

Gone is the spread, and back is the pro-style; something that could work in the Owls' favor - if anything can. Especially since an apparently improved unit of FAU defenders see it on a daily basis and the Gators are transitioning.

However, the Owls have a lot to establish on the offensive side of the ball with game experience naivety at the QB spot, no standout receiver making a mark as of yet, and an offensive line that continues to gain its footing slowly. Accordingly, UF should thrive as Muschamps' teams allowed fewer than 100 rushing yards per game during his eight year tenure as a defensive coordinator.

FAU is 4-6 all time on opening day, but 0-6 against nationally ranked teams overall; including a 59-20 loss to #14 Florida back on 11/17/07. The Owls come into Saturday's contest in similar fashion as a heavy underdog at +34.
Back to the top

Game Week Thread: FAU @ UF - 09/03/11 @ 7:00 p.m.

Heres how the game goes.

"Thank you for the check, Good luck in SEC play. "

I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick @$$ and I'm out of bubble gum.

Back to the top

Hey, they have the same record as us, GO OWLS!
Back to the top

The chances of a first start QB going into the swamp and winning is low to begin with, lets run run run and hope our defense keeps it respectable…I'll save my prediction for later but I think we can cover
Back to the top

I don't even want to make a prediction, but I can't wait for saturday's game.  FOOTBALL IS BACK!.  I'm going up with a couple gator fans on saturday, we're hoping to be parked on campus around noon.  I should have our flagpole up, with a FAU and UF flag flying, of course FAU will be on top.

FAU - We got Bowls!
Back to the top

On today's Belt Football call, Schnellenberger says the Gators could play any of three strategies on Saturday:

Spead it out and Throw
Cram it with the Power Run
Employ a 50-50 mix

He also said:

"They surely should win the game."
Back to the top

Good luck this weekend… hey, it's always possible!!! A 7pm game in that stadium should be a great atmosphere.
Back to the top

I would be happy if we keep the score respectable, lets say 24 - 7 or so.  I hope our 3-4 defense helps us avoid horrible blowouts.  Play hard guys!  Go Owls!
Back to the top

Finishing the game with no injuries, a fat check and cover the spread and I will consider that a victory.

GO OWLS!
Back to the top
Control functions: