Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Schnelly getting soft in his old age

First the white flag last year at MSU now this???

"If our two programs were close together in their development and level in which they are playing, yeah, it would be more difficult to get ready for them," Schnellenberger said. "But they know if they play a sound game and hard fought game they surely should win."
Back to the top

Re: Schnelly getting soft in his old age

Key word is SHOULD win. Of course ANY SEC team or ANY BigSix conference teams SHOULD win over ANY Belt team a minimum of 90% of the time. Just an honest statement that nobody can factually challange. The money, the coaches, the facilites and the recruits all FAR OUTSHINE what ANY Belt team can do or offer.

Hell, I bet the total UF football budget alone is bigger that ALL the Belt teams combined, or at least very close to it.

These are the facts which make recruiting a very difficult deal. NO TOP RECRUIT wants to play outside of a BigSix conference program. Some would say even in South Florida, I think it is ESPECIALLY in South Florida. We no longer recruit vs. the other six Florida programs, now it is against the entire nation who fly in and steal from one to six Florida recruits and think they did very good. FAU unfortunately gets the leftovers.

I hope the stadium helps, that we get out of the Belt very soon and can hire a top level name coach to take this program forward and sell our seats in that beautiful new stadium.

UM is fixin to face some VERY hard times, now will FIU or FAU fill that void and take advantage of this situation - I pray it is us, the opportunity is there!
Back to the top

Any 77 year old man that gets hip surgery and is back up and running within a week isn't soft.

I think he is just being realistic.  These games are not only against superior opponents they are also on the road.  Whats the point of making crazy claims that put undo pressure on our boys and make them feel like failures after?  They just need to play hard and figure things out for SunBelt play and try to get to a bowl game.

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

But how do you get yourself up for the game knowing this? Would you want to be in the locker room before kickoff knowing you're about to get waxed? I don't agree with what coach said before Texas a few years ago, no need to poke the beast, but saying we're gonna go in there hoping for an upset and showing the Gators what were made of would be nice.
Back to the top

Schnelly getting soft in his old age

I'd rather have this than have another Texas quote, we all know how that one ended.  I would hope that all of our players are smart enough to reallize that the chances of us winning any of the first 3 games are remote, it's just the way it is.  However, I hope that behind closed doors, coach is telling the guys to play as hard as they can to show the fans that the owls are a tough group that doesen't give up just because the odds are not in our favor.  Besides, its the first game of the season on TV infront of a national audience, I"m pretty sure there is no shortage of excitement for the team and they know that our season really starts once we hit conference play.

FAU - We got Bowls!
Back to the top

I wouldn't read too much into this…. let's see the product on the field….

"What counts is not necessarily the size of the dog in the fight - it's the size of the fight in the dog."
-Dwight D. Eisenhower
Back to the top

whoa. if this wasn't his last year I would be fuming. you still don't say it.

Back to the top

its on the players they need to play to win
Back to the top

I don't see anything wrong with the quote.

He is talking about what the Gators are thinking.  He doesn't say we can't win or are not going to try and win.

He can't say: The Gators are thinking they are scared to death of us.
Back to the top

"they surely should win."

Your a 30+ point favorite….. everyone is thinking this… the angle is you play for the upset… he didn't say will, he said should…

"What counts is not necessarily the size of the dog in the fight - it's the size of the fight in the dog."
-Dwight D. Eisenhower
Back to the top
Control functions: