Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Cant help it....

Im excited for Saturday.

I know were most likely gonna get our arse whipped and am fully prepared for it but dammit if I wasnt driving in my car today thinking about the game and imagining in my head what it would be like if we pulled out a win.

I guess deep down I'm a pure homer at heart. My head keeps telling me not to watch since its gonna be a beatdown, but my heart keeps jumping in. I know I'll be glued in to the TV untill there really is 0 hope of a turnaround. (Think 45-10 with 3 minutes left) ;D

Anyone other homer's here?

I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick @$$ and I'm out of bubble gum.

Back to the top

Re: Cant help it....

Cant help it....

I think your score is about spot on but I will watch till the last tick of the clock.  I always have brief moments of what ifs…then reality kicks back in.  It's still fun, even if only for a fleeting moment.

One day that BIG win will happen…unfortunately Saturday is not that day.

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

or the next saturday, or the next saturday!

;D
Back to the top

Who wouldn't be?!

Call me a Homer for life - I don't care!
Back to the top

Homer here, and Schnellenberger loyalist. Lets get some for the "ol' ball coach".

Beware the talons of the Mighty Owls!
Back to the top

I hope we win, I am for the home team also, plus my FSU  blood will never let me go for the Gators. >:(
Back to the top

proudowl said

Homer here, and Schnellenberger loyalist. Lets get some for the "ol' ball coach".

+1

Not to be overly optomistic but UF is basically going to be running the same offense Michigan State did last year…and UF wont be as good.

Demps and Rainey out of the backfield wont be nearly as dangerous as in the spread.  Our D looks to be much improved…I dont see UF scoring over 35 points.  Problem is I dont see us scoring over 3.  :-\

We win the turnover battle by +2 or more and we could hang in there for 3 quarters. 

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

It's fun to dream, they're usually the reason we wake up….. ;D
Back to the top

It would be such a program changer and provide so much momentum for the season to get a win, plus it would realy shut up the cocky Gator fans.

BTW, it really bugs me to hear coaches' comments about how the team will try, but that it is such a tough feat, and almost how they expect to lose. That can't help morale, and neither can pulling the starters in the third quarter, or not going for 2 when there is even the slightest chance to win.

Good luck Saturday, Owls!
Back to the top

BMarkey said

It would be such a program changer and provide so much momentum for the season to get a win, plus it would realy shut up the cocky Gator fans.

Come on now, we all know that you can never shut the gator fans up.  If they don't win the NC every year, all you hear is how the world has ended and UF football is done and ready for the trash heap. ;D 

FAU - We got Bowls!
Back to the top
Control functions: