Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

FEARLESS PREDICTIONS WEEK ONE FAU @ UF

The 2011 season is kicking off as I write this. My season begins with a cold one (maybe two or three) and Louisville hosting Murray State followed by Wisconsin hosting UNLV. These games will be my appetizer to Saturday's meal of a full day of football. I am going to present my FEARLESS PREDICTIONS based on my planned watch schedule for Saturday. Hold your glasses high in a toast to FEARLESS PREDICTIONS and the start of the 2011 season.

USF @ Notre Dame: Nothing beats football in South Bend. The USF Bulls will get a taste of the Golden Dome and the Irish atmosphere. Notre Dame is considered by many to have a shot at a BCS bowl. The Irish have the talent and coach Brian Kelly can get results. USF will come in under the radar. The speed and athleticism of the Bulls will give them a shot at shocking the Irish.

Fearless Prediction: Notre Dame 28, USF 24

Montana @ Tennessee: This is a game that most probably aren't familiar with. The Griz are a powerhouse at the FCS level. They visit Rocky Top looking to upset a Tennessee team that is hoping to improve on a 6-7 season in 2010. By all accounts Tennessee should roll. However, I like Montana to keep things close.

Fearless Prediction: Tennessee 31, Montana 24

FAU @ Florida: The Owls visit Gainesville in a year that sees Florida replacing their head coach and offensive coordinator. FAU brings a new QB and a new defensive scheme into the swamp. UF should take advantage of those changes and win with talent and speed despite significant changes of their own. Florida has this game in the bag by the half.

Fearless Prediction: Florida 42, FAU 10

Some of the most relevant games in the run for the BCS title include Boise State @ Georgia and Oregon @ LSU in Dallas. BSU has what it takes to beat Georgia. The Broncos have been there before and they take the W. The LSU defense will look to stifle an explosive Oregon offense. In the end Oregon will pull the W against a tough LSU squad.

ENJOY THE WEEKEND AND THE START OF THE SEASON.

GO OWLS!!!!!

2017 and 2019 Conference USA Champions
Back to the top

Re: FEARLESS PREDICTIONS 09/03/2011 FAU @ UF

In similar fashion…….

UF 41 Owls 6

Just can't see us getting into the end zone against what will likely be a pretty tough D for this stage of the season.

Hope I am wrong though!

;D
Back to the top

Re: FEARLESS PREDICTIONS WEEK ONE FAU @ UF

FAU 17
UF  38
Back to the top

FEARLESS PREDICTIONS WEEK ONE FAU @ UF

After watching WKU hang in there for 4 quarters last night against Kentucky it gave me a little inspiration, but not much.  Florida 42 FAU 10. 
Back to the top

i don't think we're going to face a lazy Kentucky football team on Saturday, that's my fear. and WKU has one play, that's it.

FIU on the other hand…did anyone see their OOC sked? They could win 9 games this year!

Tomorrow…FAU 10 UF 42
Back to the top

I know… I predicted the same score you did. Actually FIU looked pretty good last night. I give them a shot against Louisville next week, because they had trouble with Murray State. 
Back to the top

Note to FIU, Louisville ain't NT! But good game Panthers, great start to your season! I predict NT will be 0-5 when we play them and pressing into LOTS more errors!
Back to the top

FAU 3
UF More than 3.
Back to the top

I'll go with the UF 41  FAU 10
Back to the top

I think we hang tough for the 1st half.....21-13.......then they click 3 more TDs.....42-13

"What counts is not necessarily the size of the dog in the fight - it's the size of the fight in the dog."
-Dwight D. Eisenhower
Back to the top
Control functions: