Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Its just become sad

Its just become sad

After watching the game I have realized this team is not playing to win. I am just sick and tired of getting blown out by top 25 teams. There is no excuse for what happen on Saturday. We are a D-1 team, in the the number 1 recruiting state in the nation. It has become clear these players do not care to win or play for Howard at all. Hell, Howard did not think we could have won. I'm sick and tired of watching other teams play these "money games" and almost winning them. For some reason our coaching staff thinks its okay to bring a two-page play book and play bland offense to the sidelines . Im sorry I was'nt expecting us to win, but I was hoping we would at least be able to run something outside of a pop warner huddle.

I also want to point out for the 100th time on this broad, we do not practice special teams and look what happend. A kickoff returned for a TD, a blocked punt and a missed chip-shot field goal.  Iv'e said I  went to many spring practices and didn't see us practice any sp. teams. Guess what? Special Teams are 1/3 of the game! Year in, and year out we have missed FG KRs on us and punts have been blocked. If this coaching staff simply refuses to coach special teams, we should just give up. This program has been around for 10 years and we have YET to return a punt or kick for a TD! Do you realize how many opportunites that has been? 1,100 +? But its okay, i heard Nexon Dorvilus is good at returning kicks. Him and Avery Holley have been kicking it, talking about how to catch punts in the wind.

I said it after the Troy game, Howard needs to hit the road but many of you just kept on defending saying he needs to stay and needs his year in the stadium. Well you guys got what you wanted. Heres too an awful season and 10k a game in out new stadium. 184-41 that is the score of the last 4 games we have played.

Hopefully we get a first down against Michigan State, I know our coaches have drawn up a few halfback draws and told the corners to line up 10-yards off the ball.
Back to the top

Re: Its just become sad

they are University of Florida, we are Florida Atlantic…
enough said!!!
Back to the top

NCowl said

they are University of Florida, we are Florida Atlantic…
enough said!!!

That is that the attitude that will always make us 35 point underdogs when we play those teams
Back to the top

As Wilbert gets more comfortable and the line blocks better the playbook will get bigger...I hate the fact that these games are not getting any closer but I will guarantee you this at the end of the season regardless of our record we will be the most improved team in the belt.
Back to the top

Do you really think we have top 25 talent…even top 50, 75 talent out there? Until we have that….same vanilla playbook …same results … our facilities are still not done…give it time…things don't happen overnight

"What counts is not necessarily the size of the dog in the fight - it's the size of the fight in the dog."
-Dwight D. Eisenhower
Back to the top

Silver_Bullet32 said

Do you really think we have top 25 talent…even top 50, 75 talent out there? Until we have that….same vanilla playbook …same results … our facilities are still not done…give it time…things don't happen overnight

yea your right Utah state has 25 top talent not only did they almost beat Auburn yesterday they almost beat Oklahoma last year.
I could make an argument TCU dose not have top 25 talent yet they are a power house and I don even expect us to be that good how about just put up a fight. You could give me a team of 6 years olds and i would bring more to the table then we did yesterday.
And the fact we are in south florida and we do not have top 75 talent is f***ing sad .
Back to the top

Here, here…….

Reality:

We played at the Swamp a few years back and posted some points, but still lost 59-20.

Granted, we had a MUCH BETTER OFFENSE, and a much better offensive line. And we have, in fact, digressed on that side of the ball since that point in time. No argument there. It is also much for "fun to endure" a lopsided loss when you get into the end zone as an underling program going up against a Big Time opponent.

However, which is better: 41-3 or 59-20.

Arguably, we lost to the same team by one point less yesterday.

Moral victory, or are we making progress?

Just sayin'…….

Back to the top

Did being FCS schools stop Sacramento State or Richmond from beating Duke or Oregon State on the road this past weekend?  No one is asking or expecting FAU to beat UF on here, I think we just want to see sustainable drives against top tier talent!  Honestly, UF had 30 first downs against us..30!!!!
Back to the top

The said

Did being FCS schools stop Sacramento State or Richmond from beating Duke or Oregon State on the road this past weekend?  No one is asking or expecting FAU to beat UF on here, I think we just want to see sustainable drives against top tier talent!  Honestly, UF had 30 first downs against us..30!!!!

Thank you.

I dont care if we lose by 35, but when the team literally looks like it was the first day of training camp, its painful.

Idk how anyone is trying to pull positives from this, a one point in the game UF had 18 first downs to our 0.

I get it, the Gators are a good program, we were on the road blah blah blah. But I don't care who we played yesterday, for anyone to definitively state that we could be good this season is crazy.

We would have lost to Stony Brook yesterday.
Back to the top

I've been thinking back to 2007/2008 during our bowl runs and wondering if we were good because of Rusty, because of Nord, both or more than that. Harmon, Bonner and Gent created three great targets… two on the sides, one on the middle, and so we were always able to move the chains. The running game wasn't half bad either. So maybe it was simply the perfect storm of players that were just good enough to compete near the top of the SBC.

Furthermore, I understand that Lockhart was an embarrassment and I empathized with the coaches who had to sell it to great players. I expected that we would get an ebb and flow of great players mostly due to luck, and the coaches would have to make due with what they could get. Similarly, I understand that FAU couldn't afford to hire top talent in terms of coaches themselves so we have to take what we can get there.

The reality may be that we have inept coaches barking at barely-D1 talent and we're trying to squeeze blood from a stone here. The new head coach at North Texas said they don't have much in the way of D-1 talent there. I believe Cristobal said the same thing when he signed on at FIU. So that does happen - a D1 team that could only attract barely-D1 talent.

Maybe that's our team now.

Or maybe we do have the talent and we have no idea how to utilize it.

In one of the FAU-UF previews, someone wrote, "The key to this offense is Alfred Morris, one of the SBC's best rushers, who was discovered only after the starter went down. That should tell you something about the coaches ability to gauge talent."

And you know what, they're right. These are the same coaches that get beat by the same plays over and over and over, made Avery Holley a starter, allowed Tavious Polo to return kicks, gave Wilbert a whole five throws before tossing him into the starting QB role, and so on. Not exactly quality decisions and they stick to them out of stubbornness.

Looking forward to a regime change and hoping it's for the better.

Back to the top
Control functions: