Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

2011 Home Opener set for 4PM or 7PM?

No official statement has been made yet and no official times have been posted on FAU's schedule for our FIRST ON-CAMPUS GAME…

However, FAU's website has started a countdown clock for a 4PM start time. Which contradicts my Ticket Master tickets, which states a 7PM start time.

So if someone from FAU could please take their thumbs out of their butts and list an official kick off time, it would be much appreciated.

You would think that a historic game like this one would be a little better promoted.

Back to the top

Re: 2011 Home Opener set for 4PM or 7PM?

Captain said

No official statement has been made yet and no official times have been posted on FAU's schedule for our FIRST ON-CAMPUS GAME…

However, FAU's website has started a countdown clock for a 4PM start time. Which contradicts my Ticket Master tickets, which states a 7PM start time.

So if someone from FAU could please take their thumbs out of their butts and list an official kick off time, it would be much appreciated.

You would think that a historic game like this one would be a little better promoted.

Don't belive this was FAU's issue…The media guide has 4:00 p.m. EST. The website has 4:00 p.m. EST…WKU's website has 3:00 p.m. Every other site you can query has these time slots…

Sounds like ticket master made a big boo boo to me.

Back to the top

WKU's time reflect their being Central time maybe?
Back to the top

Here's the background on what happened, and it was in fact Ticket Master's issue:

1. Game on October 15th vs. WKU is absolutely, positively, at 4 p.m. EST.

2. The game, like all games early on, was initially TBA.

3. Ticket master gives all telephone operators 7 p.m. for all games that are TBA.

4. They have the correct information and know the game is at 4 p.m.

5. They are correcting all operators.

As Paul Harvey used to say:

"And now you know the rest of the story."
Back to the top

Florida Atlantic Owls Official Athletic Site - Football

Here is FAU's schedule with NO times listed.

In my particular case, it was ticket master's fault. But, IMHO FAU should be more proactive in promoting times, rules, maps, info about this once in a life time game.
Back to the top

I 100% agree, after all it is only 38 days till the literal home opener kickoff as noted greatly now by the FAU site itself. Letting lots of details go down to the wire makes me nervous!
Back to the top

Have tickets been mailed out?
Back to the top

Apparently not, I read they are still choosing the design! Sorry but there are WAY TOO MANY loose ends sill only 38 days before kickoff! Told me when I bought my season tickets they would be out in early Sept. Well we are there aren't we!
Back to the top

2011 Home Opener set for 4PM or 7PM?

boozie132 said

Have tickets been mailed out?

I thought I read somewhere that they are still designing the look of them…
Back to the top

Let's not always be quick to"blame" FAU. Working in an athletics department now, I fully understand that a lot of things we appear to be "in control" of, are our of our control. One particular case at the school I work at are concession prices: although it is our game and our stadium, we have a third party vendor doing concessions.

Additionally, IF a game is televised, some kickoff times aren't listed until 12 days until gametime (see FAU vs. Auburn for example).

Bottom line: If you have tickets to a game on a Saturday, don't book anything else for that day.

Am I wrong?

I'm a proud lifetime member of the FAU National Alumni Association. Are you a member? Join now at www.faualumni.org.
Tradition in the Making, One Alum at a Time…
Back to the top
Control functions: