Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

FEARLESS PREDICTIONS WEEK TWO: FAU @ Michigan State

Week two is here. It is time for FEARLESS PREDICTIONS. Let us get it started with a little football wisdom to set the mood.

"My advice to defensive players: Take the shortest route to the ball and arrive in a bad humor."
Bowden Wyatt / Tennessee

Florida Atlantic @ Michigan State 09/10

The FAU defense will look to set the pace as the Owls once again hit the road to take on a top 25 team. This week the Owls make the trip to beautiful East Lansing, Michigan to take on the Spartans of Michigan State. FAU comes off a 41-3 loss to Florida in which FAU QB Graham Wilbert got his first career start. Wilbert showed composure under pressure and avoided any major mistakes. The FAU run game struggled against UF and standout RB Alfred Morris tallied only 16 yards on 14 carries after posting back to back 1000 yard seasons. The new 3-4 FAU defense looks to be an improvement over last year.

The Owls expect another big test against MSU. The Spartans won in week against by topping FCS opponent Youngstown State by a score of 28-6. MSU QB Kirk Cousins put on a clinic completing 18 of 22 passes for an 81% completion percentage. MSU also distributed the ball to 4 different RBs throughout the game while tallying 159 rushing yards.

FAU can expect to match up better with MSU in terms of speed than the matchup with the Gators. IF FAU can get the run game going the Owls should be successful through the air. The O-line will be the key in this one against a physical MSU defense. On defense the Owls shouldn't be prone to getting beat on the outside as they did most of the game against Florida. For MSU the goal will be to make a statement after a less than dominating performance last week.

Overall, this is a better matchup for FAU even though MSU might actually be a better team than Florida. I see FAU hanging around in this one and if the Owls can win the turnover battle they might keep it close as has been the historical trend for FAU matchups against MSU.

FEARLESS PREDICTION: MSU 27 FAU 14

Also in SBC action:

Arkansas State vs. Memphis 09/10

ASU looks to upset a Memphis team that was dominated in week one by an improving Mississippi State team out of the SEC. ASU has one of the best QBs in the SBC in Ryan Alpin and they should test Memphis.

FEARLESS PREDICTION: ASU 24 Memphis 21

Louisiana (Lafayette) @ Kent State 09/10

UL heads to Ohio to play a MAC team that went 5-7 last year and lost big to Alabama in the season opener. This is a winnable game for Louisiana. I think the SBC team does just enough to pull the W.

FEARLESS PREDICTION: UL 24 Kent State 17

Florida International @ Louisville 09/09

This is a Friday night special as FIU visits Louisville for a game that will be broadcast on national television. FIU looks to build on a week one win and maintain momentum from 2010. Louisville did not impress last week against FCS opponent Murray State and this game could be a trap as Louisville looks ahead to next week and in-state rival Kentucky. For FIU this is a statement game that can serve as a coming out party for a program that is looking to gain national attention. FIU has the talent and confidence to shock Louisville in this one. If the Cardinals do not improve on last week's poor performance they will likely lose.

FEARLESS PREDICTION: FIU 31 Louisville 28

As always, enjoy the weekend and be safe. GO OWLS!!!

2017 and 2019 Conference USA Champions
Back to the top

Re: FEARLESS PREDICTIONS WEEK TWO: FAU @ Michigan State

Can't quite go to 17…but do see us putting more points on the board.

MSU 38 FAU 10

Go Owls!
Back to the top

24-9 Our D hangs tough, but our O cant put it in the end zone again....

"What counts is not necessarily the size of the dog in the fight - it's the size of the fight in the dog."
-Dwight D. Eisenhower
Back to the top

FEARLESS PREDICTIONS WEEK TWO: FAU @ Michigan State

Sparty-41 FAU-7

Hope it's not the result, and the offense can get going early. Need a big second outing from Wilbert.
Back to the top

MSU 28 FAU 13, defense keeps us in the game for the first half. Need Morris to get more than 30 yards.
Back to the top

In a rainy battle….

MSU 20

FAU 10
Back to the top

I think it will be closer than people think. We've held tough against MSU in the past.

I'm a proud lifetime member of the FAU National Alumni Association. Are you a member? Join now at www.faualumni.org.
Tradition in the Making, One Alum at a Time…
Back to the top

FAUALUM2005 said

In a rainy battle….

MSU 20

FAU 10

:o

Oh no, not again! Can't relive the 17-0 2008 rainy day offensive fiasco…we have enough issues there already!

Back to the top

Rick said

FAUALUM2005 said

In a rainy battle….

MSU 20

FAU 10

:o

Oh no, not again! Can't relive the 17-0 2008 rainy day offensive fiasco…we have enough issues there already!

I'm Still drying out from that game my cell phone was in my rain jacket and still got wet and died. The rain runoff was coming down the steps like a waterfall and pooled into a toxic pool at the bottom cause the drains were clogged with everyone's popcorn containers and hotdog wrappers. Had water up to my knees three rows from the bottom.
Back to the top

17-13

i think this team blows but i'm not impressed with any big ten team. the defense holds them to 17 in a wet game. we get two field goals and a score a late TD.
Back to the top
Control functions: