Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

FAU Stadium Receives 700K from Delray Acura/Hyundai for Club Level Naming Rights

Add topic

The Florida Atlantic University athletics department recently received $700,000 in naming gifts and corporate sponsorships from Delray Acura and Delray Hyundai for the new on-campus stadium. The sponsorship agreement includes stadium-wide advertising, while the gift agreement allows the dealerships to have naming rights to the two club levels, which will be known as the Delray Acura Premier Club and the Delray Hyundai Priority Club.

“We are extremely proud to sponsor what is destined to be a South Florida landmark,” said Jim O’Neill, president of Delray Acura and Delray Hyundai. “This stadium will be a boost to our economy as one of the largest venues in the area, attracting fans, concert-goers, new students and employees.”

O’Neill’s relationship with FAU began in 1997, when he met Coach Howard Schnellenberger. The two became fast friends, and O’Neill has shown his support for the FAU football program by attending numerous fundraising events over the years.

“On behalf of the players, coaches and fans, I would like to thank my good friend, Jim O’Neill, for this contribution to our new stadium,” said Schnellenberger. “This gift will be a permanent reminder of his generosity and ongoing commitment to the future of Owl football.”

Source: FAU Media-Relations
Back to the top

Re: FAU Stadium Receives 700K from Delray Acura/Hyundai for Club Level Naming Rights

Great news. I think we will continue to see support grow for the stadium and in both the short term and the long term, the stadium will pay dividends to the university and the community.

GO OWLS!!!

2017 and 2019 Conference USA Champions
Back to the top

Re: FAU Stadium Receives 700K from Delray Acura/Hyundai for Club Level Naming Rights

Great news!

Still looking for that whale and the actual stadium naming rights.

I keep waiting to see a "Thar she blows" on that.  ;D

I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick @$$ and I'm out of bubble gum.

Back to the top

Angelos needs to tell Hooters to stop playing games already and name the stadium Hooters Stadium at H.S. Field.  ;D  They should even let hooters open a mini hooters inside the stadium, that would be a good food option for fans attending events. 
Back to the top

Just curious but are these naming rights forever or for a certain time period?
Back to the top

nowle said

Just curious but are these naming rights forever or for a certain time period?

Release did not specify…
Back to the top

Gotta say Hooters Stadium at FAU would be a classic naming opportunity - and an on campus and/or in stadium location would be great too!
Back to the top

The problem right now is that FAU has a couple monopolistic contracts in place that create certain issues.  Just as the Bookstore has the exclusive rights to sell merchandise on campus (how they can just not show up to half the events and NOT be a breach of contract baffles me–but that's another story), Chartwells has the rights to the food on campus and is the gatekeeper.  So when a Subway or a Hooters wants to come on campus, Chartwells has the power of veto unless they give the ok which means someone paid someone a fee or a percentage for the privilege.

These contracts were probably great for FAU when no one was wanting to get on campus, but with the new stadium, these contracts pose a bit of a stumbling block for FAU to bring in businesses that can help take the University to the next level IMHO.

Let's see what FAU does when these contracts expire.  Hopefully they get more creative and allow themselves to grow the revenue.

Go Owls!!
Back to the top

FAU Stadium Receives 700K from Delray Acura/Hyundai for Club Level Naming Rights

Very good points and I am sure they will, leverage is now on OUR side! The Owl's future is looking preetty good don't ya think. :)
Back to the top

fauowl said

The problem right now is that FAU has a couple monopolistic contracts in place that create certain issues.  Just as the Bookstore has the exclusive rights to sell merchandise on campus (how they can just not show up to half the events and NOT be a breach of contract baffles me–but that's another story), Chartwells has the rights to the food on campus and is the gatekeeper.  So when a Subway or a Hooters wants to come on campus, Chartwells has the power of veto unless they give the ok which means someone paid someone a fee or a percentage for the privilege.

These contracts were probably great for FAU when no one was wanting to get on campus, but with the new stadium, these contracts pose a bit of a stumbling block for FAU to bring in businesses that can help take the University to the next level IMHO.

Let's see what FAU does when these contracts expire.  Hopefully they get more creative and allow themselves to grow the revenue.

Go Owls!!

If hooters was to sponsor the stadium Chartwells has no control over it only food services. IMHO  for a franchise or restaurant owner that venture into Stadiums to make money pretty hard, the fee's assessed are astronomical and providing a product with an inflated price to make up for the amount charge really cuts sales it would have to be used for a advertisement and you have enough other franchises to cover the loss. Chartwells might be in charge of food services but the Athletic Department is looking for a significant cut. So in this instance those fee's would be higher than what the franchise or restaurant would pay just at the food services at the Cafeteria. I wonder how the whole restaurant and shops thing will work in the future of Innovation Village. Does any body know if the restaurant in the Research Park at the North end has to deal with Chartwells?
Back to the top
Control functions: