Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Dose of Reality or maybe a turn-around???

I turn on sports center this morning and I am fired-up that our beloved FAU Owls are on ESPN 2 Vs. MSU; it's a great Saturday, RIGHT?

Then a dose of reality was served up on a cold tray of "we may be in trouble".  You know it is going to be a tough year when FIU makes sports center highlights beating Louisville.

Sobering, isn't it?  It needs to be sobering, so that Craig Angelos and FAU Athletics start getting aggressive!  We now have all the pieces in place to "raise the bar" and expect more for our program; so let's go out there and do it!

Cheers to a brighter future for our FAU OWLS!

On the funny side, check out this clip of The Coastal Carolina Football Coach–Meow:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/09/09/david-bennett-press-conference-coastal-carolina_n_956093.html

He's right!!

Back to the top

Re: Dose of Reality or maybe a turn-around???

FIU beat the worse team in the worse BCS conference…Not that it is not a big win for them but lets not get carried away this is the same team that lost to Kentucky last yr.  We will get back on track expect a good showing today..
Back to the top

Dose of Reality or maybe a turn-around???

owlmart said

FIU beat the worse team in the worse BCS conference…Not that it is not a big win for them but lets not get carried away this is the same team that lost to Kentucky last yr.  We will get back on track expect a good showing today..

I like your confidence OwlMart  ;D
Back to the top

This was a huge win for FIU - regardless of how 'bad' the opponent is. Beating a BCS team on the road on ESPN is a major statement. I'm sure people around the country are going to take notice of them, and especially TY Hilton. I only wish FAU could have a signature win like that.

When you look at FIUs schedule - they could realistically enter bowl season with just a couple of losses. But we all could see what Cristobal was doing when he got there - while the Xs and Os weren't necessarily his strong point the recruiting was always very impressive. It's obviously paying off now. 
Back to the top

OWL4EVER said

owlmart said

I like your confidence OwlMart  ;D

+1!

Back to the top

In TODAY"S college football, it is 80% recruiting and 20% coaching - just look at FIU. We have the stadium, we need a quality NAME coiach (Leach) and to step up the recruiting AND style of play if we are to fill even half those seats after this year. I beleive our coin phrases need to become "remember Akron". These guys coach as if they are trying to not lose by 50 instead of WIN - it AIN"T workin!
Back to the top

I would feel better if i saw improvement but ive been watchn this for the past five years and its gone down hill football wise. Thats says coaching. They claim to have had their best recruiting. Where are the results?
Back to the top

I think our defense will do ok in Sunbelt play…. but it won't be worth squat if the offense cant do more than 3 and outs

"What counts is not necessarily the size of the dog in the fight - it's the size of the fight in the dog."
-Dwight D. Eisenhower
Back to the top
Control functions: