Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Worst FAU Team Ever?

Seriously, could this be the worst FAU football team in the school's 11-year history? How did it come to this (and don't tell me it was Lockhart because the program accomplished many milestones with that crappy stadium in its way).

Today's game was as painful as any I have watched. Nothing works. FAU has some nice skill players and a bunch of guys who aren't cut out for any major division.

As bad as the team played today, the coaching was worse! How many times do they think they can run that dive play and get no yardage? Are they still trying to set up a big pass late in the fourth quarter, or wear MSU down?! How about a roll-out pass? Something else? It's so predictable.

How could recruiting have been so bad as to result in the QB choices now available? Apparently, the RB situation is so dire that the starter plays until the end of a historic blowout? Where did all the RBs go? Were there no lineman better than this available?

In a blowout, late, when your team clearly needs practice and QB-receiver timing, why run dive plays? Why not air that sucker out. You've got nothing to friggin' lose! Who punts from the other team's 35 on a fourth-and-four, only to net 7 yards (and immediately give up a TD)?

If FAU officials do not wish to this season implode and care about next season and the future, they must get a well-known and respected coach as soon as possible and out him to work building a staff and recruiting. If not, what do the Owls have building for the future? Are any of the assistants going to recruit well (if at all), knowing they will probably be gone in December? How much recruiting can/will Howard do when everything knows he will lose control at the end of the season?

This is so depressing to start a year that should be so happy.
Back to the top

Re: Worst FAU Team Ever?

100% agree! MAYBE we are so vanilla so that we don't show big dreaded North Texas anything. Well, that seems to be working. Something had better!
Back to the top

Howard & staff is slightly safe until October 16th, after that expect all fans to start asking for everyone to step down..
Back to the top

This team would struggle to go .500 in any major FCS conference. The only loss that was worse than this was to Slippery Rock. That was followed up with a shocker against an FCS ranked BCC team. I don't think we will be fortunate enough to see a win following this horrible loss. Realistically, we might not see a win until 2012. If not the worst team, we definitely are on pace for the worst season.

GO OWLS!!!

2017 and 2019 Conference USA Champions
Back to the top

How did this happen?

I am not saying to fire anyone (not sure how any new coach could come in and make something out of the key players I have seen so far), but shouldn't there be a major effort to hire someone and show that the future is here, and solid? Otherwise, isn't there a risk of blowing an entire recruiting year?

Can a coach for 2012 be hired and start working on recruiting and planning before the current coach is finished?
Back to the top

I have to admit I am a bit perplexed.
I keep reading every year "best recruiting class ever" . I have been reading that for 11 years. It seemed it was true up to a point. Players got bigger for 1A play. But I have not seen any improvement in a few years even though we are being told the recruiting classes are getting better every year. Whats up with that?

We've played ranked BCS teams better than this in prior seasons.

when was the last time we had one first down in a game?

FAU - THE REAL SLEEPING GIANT
Back to the top

Worst FAU Team Ever?

The writing has been on the wall for years - but many of the people here just refused to acknowledge it. The fact that there was no momentum from the NO Bowl team is embarrassing. The program has declined every year. We all love HS for building this program but it was evident the last couple of years he has been nothing more than a figure head out there. Yet for some reason for the past few years the usual pack of posters would scorn you for simply pointing out the obvious. Well criticizing a head coach is part of the territory, and HS deserves to be criticized for the decline in this program.

The coaching and preparation has been non existent for years. The recruiting has been abominable. Yet all you would hear is excuse after excuse.  I was very afraid of the product that would be on the field for the opening of the new stadium and expressed this view on here numerous times in the past. It was painfully obvious that the caliber of recruits coming here was D 1AA level AT BEST. I hoped I was wrong and would love to have eaten crow - but the problems some of us identified previously is really starting to mainfest itself in an ugly way.

This is even more troubling when you consider conference expansion and realignment. Right now we would probably be the last Florida D1 A school that would be considered for a better conference. Things have got to change fast.
Back to the top

The lack of in-game adjustments and the running up the middle is just plain frustrating. Failing to go for the TD against MSU last year, the net-7-yard punt from the MSU 35 today … ?

What about the QB position. It is sad. How did the coaches not bring in anyone from juco or high school who could step in? Troy has a handful of QBs who could start at FAU, as do other teams. How does FAU have one starting quality running back?
Back to the top

BMarkey said

The lack of in-game adjustments and the running up the middle is just plain frustrating. Failing to go for the TD against MSU last year, the net-7-yard punt from the MSU 35 today … ?

What about the QB position. It is sad. How did the coaches not bring in anyone from juco or high school who could step in? Troy has a handful of QBs who could start at FAU, as do other teams. How does FAU have one starting quality running back?

Coaching/recruiting is just broken. I.E. - the whole "we won't display our recruits until signing day" archaic nonesense, the refusal to sign JUCO players etc.

The program is simply broken right now. There does not seem to be anything fundementally sound with the program other than the (delayed) opening of the new stadium.
Back to the top

We have more than one quality running back - we just refuse to use them. Remember, if not for injuries you would have NEVER seen or heard of Mr. Morris. I am sorry for him now but he needs to be used as a decoy back primarily now as ALL oppossing D's focus on our "only" weapon. No shot at NFL now except as a free agent.

Real sad our coaches cannot see this and run the same crap play after play and game after game. Our CRAPPY high school coaches here do that, and they are CRAPPY!
Back to the top
Control functions: