Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

ESPN... Off the mark

ESPN... Off the mark

found this today…

Off the Mark

• Florida Atlantic coach Howard Schnellenberger, who guided Miami to the 1983 national championship, announced a couple of weeks ago that he would end his legendary coaching career after this season.

Apparently, the Owls have already decided to quit.

A week after losing at Florida 41-3, Florida Atlantic gained only one first down and 48 yards of total offense in an ugly 44-0 loss at Michigan State on Saturday. It was the second time the Spartans held an opponent to one first down – they also did it against Maryland in 1944.

"This was a very disappointing thing for us," Schnellenberger said. "We thought we'd come up and play more consistently than we have in the past. We didn't. We played absolutely inconsistent and horrible."

It won't get any easier for the Owls, who play at defending BCS national champion Auburn on Sept. 24.

at least we are not the only team limited to 1 1st down.
  ::)
Back to the top

Re: ESPN... Off the mark

hey at least everyone can see what i have been saying for months.
Back to the top

Re: ESPN... Off the mark

Players did not quit - they did not decide to punt from the Mich. St. 35 late in the game. This Coach staff are coaching as lame ducks and if they don't get it together, they will never be hired by the new head coach or maybe anywhere other than a FCS pogram - which is where we belong presently - sorry to say. They are a joke!
I pray that we can get better fast and be competitive in Belt games because I would sure hate to hear booing in our own new home. But if continue to coach and play like this past game we will hear boos.
Sometimes getting better means more work and more repititions but sometimes it means adapt and change to what the opponent is allowing. NO D can cover the entire field, go after ther weaknesses or what their D is designed to allow.
Go Owls - hang TOUGH with Auburn and beat ULL and NT on the road, come home 2-3 and WIN that BIG HOME OPENER over WKU. The season IS NOT DONE FOR - FIGHT OWLS FIGHT!
Back to the top
Control functions: