Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

What is your IDEAL Non Conference Schedule???

What is your IDEAL Non Conference Schedule???

I don't know about anyone else…but i am SICK and tired of butt whoopin's!!!!!!

Here is the type of schedule I'd like…share yours!!!

1. Western Michigan or another MAC team (think of how great the CMU game was)
2. UCF or Memphis
3. Rutgers or Syracuse or Minnesota/Indiana
4. Rice or Hawaii again….

All competitive and winnable games… ENOUGH SEC and Big Ten upper brass….

We can play the bigger conferences…just lets be real and play winnable games.

We have our stadium now!!! YES the payouts are nice but so is gaining momentum and feeling like you can win. Right now these athletes feel like they can't win. We need a change in that mentality!!! Desperately!!! Changing how we schedule our non conference games will give us a boost and we will gain confidence from the get go! I had to PREACH!
Back to the top

Re: What is your IDEAL Non Conference Schedule???

Can't agree more.  Look at FIU schedule this year, Louisville, UCF, Duke and Akron. Come on, all winnable games.  Louisville is the middle of the pack team in the Big East and UCF is a very good CUSA team, which will be their toughest challenge and Duke is bad in football.  I blame Angelos and Howard for accepting these early ass whopping, but also our lack of recruiting and mediocre coaching which is responsible for us not even trying to compete.  Its all a big mess right now, which needs to be blown up. 
Back to the top

I like the advanced training games. They pay big $$$ and a chance at an upset over a nationally ranked team would be huge, since most of those games get national TV exposure.

As a sunbelt team, OOC records are meaningless. We roll with punches on money games and focus on conference game wins.
Back to the top

So stick with two BigTime payout blowout/upset opportunities away (I know, don't laugh) but schedule one lower level MAC/CUSA team and then one FCS program as home games. We need the cash yes but we need to have some hope for the players and fans too. And a plus is hopefully then a winning season capped with a bowl game appearance.
Back to the top

One MAC team.

One CUSA team.

Two mid to low level BCS conference teams.

GO OWLS!!!

2017 and 2019 Conference USA Champions
Back to the top

I agree with the mid level team such as FIU has been playing but i do not mind seeing one real big oppenent every year as a fan I enjoy going to the college football powerhouse to watch the owls play. Its also good for the students to hear us play such big programs it gets many of the student excited. Also as we become a better program they might not want to play us anymore ask UCF what they would give for a chance to play UF.
Back to the top

owlfan1 said

One MAC team.

One CUSA team.

GO OWLS!!!

+1

2 WINNABLE Non-AQ schools
2 WINNABLE AQ schools

Maybe one Body bag instead, but make it huge, like 7 figure huge. If you want to kick my ass to warm up your team, then pay me very well for it.

I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick @$$ and I'm out of bubble gum.

Back to the top

I think FIU's schedule is great, don't think they are getting the same payouts from Duke & Louisville.

The problem you all are forgetting, we will be losing an OOC game with USA joining the conference. We will be down to 3, the good is it ups our winnable games toward a bowl game, the bad, it's a another no-name team coming to town.

Obviously we need the $$$, but maybe 1 money game, 1 winnable BCS game (bottom of the conference type teams) and 1 Non-AQ team from the CUSA, MAC or whatever.

And don't make the 1 bodybag game the first game.  :P
Back to the top

its really not even a question. its should be 1+1 with a conference USA and MAC team every year. its the only logical way to improve this team.

all this advanced training bull sh!t, guess what, doesn't work. in the last 5 years i can't recall a game we covered a spread on the road. if we're not even covering the spread, we're not learning anything.

I would much rather play the Big East instead of SEC for money games.

Back to the top

owlfan1 said

One MAC team.

One CUSA team.

GO OWLS!!!

AGREED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to the top
Control functions: