Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Never thought I would say this but I'm routing for FIU to have a strong showing

Don't get me wrong as any good OWL I've enjoyed beating up on FIU for years.  However, I feel that the better FIU does this year the more pressure will be put on the powers that be at FAU to hire a big time coach as opposed to some coordinator.  So with that being said - gulp – Go FIU beat UCF…
Back to the top

Re: Never thought I would say this but I'm routing for FIU to have a strong showing

Agree.  I found myself routing for FIU last week vs. Louisville.  I think it's a good thing to have 2 to 3 strong SBC teams like Troy.  I hope after everything is set and done next year, we will a top 3 of SBC team.  Plus I can't stand UCF, they are really cocky and think they are some hot S**T. 
Back to the top

Re: Never thought I would say this but I'm routing for FIU to have a strong showing

What about when they play us?  Do you guys think that It would be good for the rivalry overall if FIU actually wins a shula bowl or two?  I will go ahead and say that I for one don't mind if they win a few to fuel the rivalry and bring more passion into the Shula bowl.
Back to the top

Never thought I would say this but I'm routing for FIU to have a strong showing

DFieldOwl said

What about when they play us?  Do you guys think that It would be good for the rivalry overall if FIU actually wins a shula bowl or two?  I will go ahead and say that I for one don't mind if they win a few to fuel the rivalry and bring more passion into the Shula bowl.

I won't go that far! GO OWLS!
Back to the top

I think the more competitive FIU is, the more pressure it puts on FAU to step up and make a big hire.

FIU could start 7-0 or better given the schedule this year.

GO OWLS!!!

2017 and 2019 Conference USA Champions
Back to the top

Re: Never thought I would say this but I'm routing for FIU to have a strong show

you meant ROOTING! right?, not routing.
I won't be rooting for them. If they win; good for them.
For those that say UCF is too cocky; well, they are just simply a better team than us.
I wanna go to watch FIU vs UCF, but I thought about using the ticket money for the stadium opening, so FAU can benefit from that.

GO OWLS.
Back to the top

I root for SBC teams when they play anyone except FAU... I want us to be in a strong conference, and win it..

"What counts is not necessarily the size of the dog in the fight - it's the size of the fight in the dog."
-Dwight D. Eisenhower
Back to the top

Silver_Bullet32 said

I root for SBC teams when they play anyone except FAU… I want us to be in a strong conference, and win it..

+1

GO OWLS!!!

2017 and 2019 Conference USA Champions
Back to the top

FAU said

Plus I can't stand UCF, they are really cocky and think they are some hot S**T.

Well, they do have the number 2 D in the nation right now……..

FIU:

Never wish them any ill will, just want them to lose EVERY SINGLE TIME THEY PLAY US.

Other than that, beat the Knights!
Back to the top

Alex, I think you might be the very first person on this blog that has ever pointed out a spelling error, dangling participle
, or syntax error… but yes I meant rooting :)

Go Owls!!!
Back to the top
Control functions: