Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

BEST overall player that FAU ever had??? Your opinion here.....

With this season looking so blahhh, I hope you don't mind me opening the door for different discussions….so here it goes!!!

Who do you feel like is the BEST overall player that FAU ever had??? Regardless of whether they were a transfer, left early (for any reason), or was kicked off…

My vote is for Anthony Crissinger-Hill.      In most programs he would have gotten just a slap on the wrist for what he did. I feel that coach overdid it with him as far as the penalty…but what can you do. Anthony was on pace to being FAU's first ever draft pic in 2004. He led the NCAA in receptions and yards for a majority of the season until he was kicked off the team due to "extra-curricular" activities! Sure what he did was wrong…but "c'mon maaaaan". lol

Back to the top

Re: BEST overall player that FAU ever had??? Your opinion here.....

I think Frantz Joseph has to be up there on the list. He was a tackling machine.

GO OWLS!!!

2017 and 2019 Conference USA Champions
Back to the top

owlfan1 said

I think Frantz Joseph has to be up there on the list. He was a tackling machine.

GO OWLS!!!

He gets my vote too… Our defense has never been better than when Joseph was patrolling the middle… Both our bowl teams came during his Jr and Sr years… I remember that South Florida game, he played like a warrior… also the last 2 games vs Troy and Memphis… monster games

"What counts is not necessarily the size of the dog in the fight - it's the size of the fight in the dog."
-Dwight D. Eisenhower
Back to the top

BEST overall player that FAU ever had??? Your opinion here.....

Rusty:

He may not have made tackles, but he led us to two Bowl wins. Strong leader as well…

Being the Owls' and Sun Belt's career leader in passing yards isn't too shabby either.
Back to the top

Rick said

Rusty:

He may not have made tackles, but he lead us to two Bowl wins. Strong leader as well…

Being the Owls' and Sun Belt's career leader in passing yards isn't too shabby either.

Offense wins games; defense wins championships. Who says Joseph didn't lead us to two bowl wins?  ;D

GO OWLS!!!

Back to the top

owlfan1 said

Offense wins games; defense wins championships. Who says Joseph didn't lead us to two bowl wins?  ;D

GO OWLS!!!

;D

This is true!
Back to the top

Seriously though, Rusty is the obvious choice with good reason. I however was always a defensive guy so I have to go with a defensive player.

I guess a related question would be which player meant the most to FAU football?

GO OWLS!!!

Back to the top

I think I have to go Jared Allen.  If not for him our first years out of the gate would have been really rough.

The games vs MTSU and Hawaii and then the D-IAA playoff run were really special.  And the fact that he was 3-0 vs FIU  ;D

I do appreciate what Rusty did as well.

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

I too have to say Rusty… championship, 2 bowl wins, first draftee…. that's pretty good in our short 10 years.

I think Alfred could have been up there with the support of the O-line, after his great sophomore season… coaching dropped the ball on the O-line and he just hasn't been able to do his thing… sucks!!!!
Back to the top

I have to also go with Rusty!  Leadership, records, great character on and off the field, first NFL Owl and 2 Bowl Wins ;D  Joseph was a close second though.
Back to the top
Control functions: