Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

A huge THANKS goes out to the NEST!

Bummer, I was just told that I will miss the October 15th opener and possibly 2 more games.  I have been fighting tonsil and thyroid cancer for 5 months now and just found out that my radiation treatments will not end until October 27th.  I have been explaining to my Radiation Oncologist that I must be ready for my travels down to FLA for the opening of FAU's stadium–looks as if they did not understand how important this was to me, ha, ha ???  I understand that my health is important; however this is tough to swallow-no pun intended ;)

The good news is that one of my friends in Vero wanted tickets to take his Son to his first FAU game and I gave him my Oct. 15th tickets.

The main reason I am writing this message is to offer my 2 seats in Section 110 for the Middle TN game to someone that may need a lift in their life.  If anyone knows of someone that needs their spirits lifted (someone that has lost their job, someone that may be sick, etc), please let me know?

GO OWLS!
'91
Back to the top

Re: Bummer--I just found out that I will miss the 1st few games including the opener

OWL4EVER said

Bummer, I was just told that I will miss the October 15th opener and possibly 2 more games.  I have been fighting tonsil and thyroid cancer for 5 months now and just found out that my radiation treatments will not end until October 27th.  I have been explaining to my Radiation Oncologist that I must be ready for my travels down to FLA for the opening of FAU's stadium–looks as if they did not understand how important this was to me, ha, ha ???  I understand that my health is important; however this is tough to swallow-no pun intended ;)

The good news is that one of my friends in Vero wanted tickets to take his Son to his first FAU game and I gave him my Oct. 15th tickets (and in return he is going to purchase me some souvenirs and take tons of pictures).

The main reason I am writing this message is to offer my 2 seats in Section 110 for the Middle TN game to someone that may need a lift in their life.  If anyone knows of someone that needs their spirits lifted (someone that has lost their job, someone that may be sick, etc), please let me know?

GO OWLS!
'91

A grand gesture by you and kudos for doing your best to get butts in the seats sinc eyou cant be there.

Thoughts are with ya during your treatment.

I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick @$$ and I'm out of bubble gum.

Back to the top

Re: Bummer--I just found out that I will miss the 1st few games including the opener

A huge THANKS goes out to the NEST!

Sorry to hear that man! We'll make sure to post pictures for you as well.

Best of luck in your treatments.
Back to the top

OWL4EVER said

I have been fighting tonsil and thyroid cancer for 5 months now and just found out that my radiation treatments will not end until October 27th.

God Bless you bro…will keep you in my Prayers…you can beat this thing!

Can't keep a good Owl down!
Back to the top

Battle it OWLFOREVER! Sorry to hear of your illness and having to miss the games but VERY nice of you to help others at the same time. Let us know what stuff they get you and post the pictures! Take good care of yourself and our prayers are with you. BATTLE IT!
Back to the top

All the strength, friend. Please be assured of prayers from a couple of simple Methodists from Colorado.
Back to the top

The best to you!  Your attitude makes me proud to be an Owl!
Back to the top

A big Thanks goes out to my Nest Family for your thoughts and prayers ;D
Back to the top

God Bless you my fellow owl. Have a speedy recovery.
Back to the top

Speedy recovery!!!Awesome what you are doing with your tickets!
Back to the top
Control functions: