Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Let’s hire a coach before FIU does!!

Well FIU is going to have a very good season this year.  My guess is that Cristobal is as good as gone.  If that’s the case FAU and FIU will be looking for a new head coach.  Let’s get our first choice before they do…
Back to the top

Re: Let’s hire a coach before FIU does!!

Let’s hire a coach before FIU does!!

1000% AGREE!
Back to the top

Hmmm, not really to worried about that, something tells me we will not be fighting FIU for coaches.
Back to the top

Maybe Angelos is interested in Leach but waiting to see what happens with Richt.
Back to the top

owlmart said

Hmmm, not really to worried about that, something tells me we will not be fighting FIU for coaches.

Is that bc you think Cristobal stays on for another year or because we won't be going after the same talent pool?

I think he's gone after this season. Heck, the guy deserves a lot of credit, he got there and FIU was terrible, they were on that 1-24 streak, and he turned it around. Cristobal proved what FAU and FIU said 10 years ago, there is enough south Florida talent for our schools to have success. It's just a shame that we aren't  in the conversation this time, memories are short and now FAU is the joke.
Back to the top

with the rate the season is going so far, we should be hiring before the planned dec date.
Back to the top

NCowl said

with the rate the season is going so far, we should be hiring before the planned dec date.

+1
Back to the top

Maybe an announcement but there is no way FAU is hiring/paying new coaches right now.

If Angelos is waiting to see whos avialable after firings we wont see anything for a while. If its Leach or someone unemployed now then I dont understand why you couldnt have an "announcement"

I cant imagine is allowable to have a "coach in waiting" cotacting recruits if he wasnt a member of the coaching staff.

I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick @$$ and I'm out of bubble gum.

Back to the top

Crisobal wont be going anywhere this year,,,

"What counts is not necessarily the size of the dog in the fight - it's the size of the fight in the dog."
-Dwight D. Eisenhower
Back to the top

Silver_Bullet32 said

Crisobal wont be going anywhere this year,,,

i dunno, still a lot of season left, but if he pulled off a 11-2 season with a bowl win… yeah, he'd be getting some phone calls.
Back to the top
Control functions: