Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Season Ticket Suggestion

Should oppenent fans have to purchase FAU season tickets to attend an individual game in Boca?

Yes
No

You must select between 1 and 20 options

http://mobile.orlandosentinel.com/p.p?m=b&a=rp&id=858877&postId=858877&postUserId=41&sessionToken=&catId=6778&curAbsIndex=1&resultsUrl=DID%3D6%26DFCL%3D1000%26DSB%3Drank%2523desc%26DBFQ%3DuserId%253A41%26DL.w%3D%26DL.d%3D10%26DQ%3DsectionId%253A6778%26DPS%3D0%26DPL%3D3

"You have to purchase $42 FIU season tickets in order to secure a UCF game ticket because the school is not selling individual game tickets."

FIU did not sell individual game tickets for their home game against UCF. Instead, in order to secure a ticket to that particular game, individuals had to purchase FIU season tickets.

Should FAU adopt a similar policy for our "big" home games?
Back to the top

Re: Season Ticket Suggestion

NO way.
Back to the top

Rick said

NO way.

I would agree with you, if FAU season tickets were selling like hot cakes, but… I believe we haven't even hit the 5,000 sold mark yet and it's been 7 months since the tix have been on the market.

Imagine all the people who only want to show up to our home opener on Oct. 15. Now imagine all those individual game goers had to purchase season tickets. Even if they didn't show up to anymore games, we would still have their money.

Can you imagine the cash FIU raked in off that one game!

Maybe even offer a buy-back program, so that everyone has to purchase season tickets. But for games you are not planning on attending, FAU will give you half back on the value of the individual game ticket.
Back to the top

Season Ticket Suggestion

not until we continually sell out should this be implemented
Back to the top

rdownin1 said

Why not?

FAU needs to average 12,000 tickets sold per game. As of now, they don't even have 5,000.

If everyone who was planning on going to the home opener, had to buy season tickets, FAU would easily meet that quota.
Back to the top

Captain said

rdownin1 said

Why not?

FAU needs to average 12,000 tickets sold per game. As of now, they don't even have 5,000.

If everyone who was planning on going to the home opener, had to buy season tickets, FAU would easily meet that quota.

Half, if not more of them wouldn't go if they were forced to buy season tickets.  Bad idea to force people to buy season tickets when you can't even sell individual game tickets.

Falls under the same theory that if I am not selling enough widgets at $10 dollars I'll just increase my price, problem solved…bad idea.

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

dusky256fc said

Bad idea to force people to buy season tickets when you can't even sell individual game tickets.

FIU vs. UCF game attendance: 20,205
Total 2010 FIU home game tickets sold: 12,959
Total 2010 FIU season tickets sold: 11,643

So through this system, it's fair to say that FIU sold an estimated 7,000 season tickets based on one game.

Back to the top

Can't wait for someone to hit FIU with consumer fraud and price gouging charges real soon. Not the way to run a business. Would not be surprised if they have to refund the overcharge and pay a penalty too! NO CLASS MOVE BY FIU AGAIN!
Back to the top

Miami used to do this vs. FSU.

I'm a proud lifetime member of the FAU National Alumni Association. Are you a member? Join now at www.faualumni.org.
Tradition in the Making, One Alum at a Time…
Back to the top

UCF did it as well when they hosted Texas.
Back to the top
Control functions: