Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Our season starts on Saturday...

Our season starts on Saturday...

If our D can play like they did on Sat, we can make some waves in SBC play... I think we can take the conference by surprise...

"What counts is not necessarily the size of the dog in the fight - it's the size of the fight in the dog."
-Dwight D. Eisenhower
Back to the top

Re: Our season starts on Saturday...

Silver_Bullet32 said

If our D can play like they did on Sat, we can make some waves in SBC play… I think we can take the conference by surprise…

Agreed.  If we can play like yesterday, we'll compete in the conference.  At least I can now see how we can win games…great defense and a lot of Alfred Morris.
Back to the top

No doubt about it!

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

Wilbert still has a LOT of improving to do...its hard to win anything without a good QB.

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

walty12 said

Wilbert still has a LOT of improving to do…its hard to win anything without a good QB.

I agree, but I think Morris and our D can keep us in or win most of our games…. Wilbert just has to learn to manage the game and not turn the ball over…

"What counts is not necessarily the size of the dog in the fight - it's the size of the fight in the dog."
-Dwight D. Eisenhower
Back to the top

I think it all falls on our O-line and some on our QB. If our O-line plays well, gives Morris some holes and protects Wilbert then I think we have a very good chance actually. Our D will look much better against SBC teams.
Back to the top

Just alittle disappointed that in these first 3 games they never gave bracewell a shot. He is clearly better than kooi and needs to move ahead. I wouldnt be surprised if we lose two qbs after the season.
Back to the top

How is Bracewell clearly better if he hasn't taken a snap in a game yet? I'm all for giving him a shot, as I don't think Kooi has what it takes either but we really don't know what to expect with Bracewell.

Which two QBs do you think we'll lose? The two redshirt freshmen?? And what for? Playing time? Freshmen don't leave over playing time

As the thread states, the season starts here. Howard will certainly give Wilbert and Kooi their fair shots in conference play before doing anything drastic. Those guys have been showing up every day for the past 4 years, he's not benching em for a rs frosh bc they didn't play well in the games we were supposed to get hammered in. If he plays poorly against ULL then I'll be calling for his head with ya!
Back to the top

TeamBeer said

How is Bracewell clearly better if he hasn't taken a snap in a game yet? I'm all for giving him a shot, as I don't think Kooi has what it takes either but we really don't know what to expect with Bracewell.

Which two QBs do you think we'll lose? The two redshirt freshmen?? And what for? Playing time? Freshmen don't leave over playing time

As the thread states, the season starts here. Howard will certainly give Wilbert and Kooi their fair shots in conference play before doing anything drastic. Those guys have been showing up every day for the past 4 years, he's not benching em for a rs frosh bc they didn't play well in the games we were supposed to get hammered in. If he plays poorly against ULL then I'll be calling for his head with ya!

+1

Kooi is still an unknown at this point and Bracewell is a RS Freshman.

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

dusky256fc said

TeamBeer said

+1

Kooi is still an unknown at this point and Bracewell is a RS Freshman.

+2. Bracewell has had opportunities to distinguish himself. If I remember correctly he had one good scrimmage so far and that's not enough. The reality is that Bracewell probably won't get in games at ALL if Wilbert continues to develop and play well (let's not forget that Rusty had a habit of forcing the ball and that led to interceptions too…)

If Wilbert and Kooi can't get more than a TD going though I'd expect Bracewell and Curtis to get more gametime.

I hope Colton Kane is the real deal because he sounds like a legit starting QB. But then again I was psyched about Curtis and he hasn't shown much. Not sure why we don't line Curtis up for the Wildcat.
Back to the top
Control functions: