Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Sun Belt & WAC to Merge?

Will the Sun Belt & WAC Merge?

YES
NO

You must select between 1 and 19 options

Pre-Snap Read: A College Football Blog

With all the conference shake-ups going on right now, there is speculation that the Sun Belt and WAC might merge.
Back to the top

Re: Sun Belt & WAC to Merge?

No way this would benefit us or the Sun Belt.

No to New Mexico State…
No to San Jose State…
No to the WAC!!!!

Back to the top

NCowl said

No way this would benefit us or the Sun Belt.

No to New Mexico State…
No to San Jose State…
No to the WAC!!!!

+1

And:

No to other conference's garbage.

Although New Mexico State used to be in the Belt (2011-2005), and did beat North Texas 2808 in The Sun Bowl way back in 1959, times have changed and they still stink.

Besides, four winning seasons in over 40 years ain't going to bring any value to any league.
Back to the top

I could get behind an "alliance" of this sort with the MAC, which is much closer in geography and stability.

The WAC would be terrible on many levels to have an alliance with.

I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick @$$ and I'm out of bubble gum.

Back to the top

That would be awesome. UT-San Antonio and Texas State are in the WAC! I get to see FAU a lot! :)

I'm a proud lifetime member of the FAU National Alumni Association. Are you a member? Join now at www.faualumni.org.
Tradition in the Making, One Alum at a Time…
Back to the top

smittysahoot said

That would be awesome. UT-San Antonio and Texas State are in the WAC! I get to see FAU a lot! :)

I know what you mean Smitty… I do not want to add any FCS schools to the sunbelt except for Appalachian for the same selfish reasons!

;)
Back to the top

The SunBelt has seemed to strenghten and make strides every year we have been involved.  While it still has a long way to go, I dont see the benefit of adding those WAC teams.

I say we add South Alabama as planned and Georgia State in order to have a conference championship game.  As long as UNT is willing to stay in the Sun Belt, we shouldn't go anywhere unless the Big East accepts us in my opinion.

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

No offense but yeah. I don't want any of those WAC teams in our conference.
Back to the top

Sun Belt & WAC to Merge?

BAD idea!
Back to the top

I don't see a merger happening, but the shake up could result in movement by some teams. I personally would like to see Louisiana Tech come to the SBC. I would also like to see Tulane in the SBC. That would make Louisiana the most prominent state in the conference. Add in Georgia State and South Alabama and the SBC would really represent the south.

GO OWLS!!!

2017 and 2019 Conference USA Champions
Back to the top
Control functions: