Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Auburn Could Have Won Big Over FAU?

Look, I'm not saying we should have won this ball game. But, I am declaring that we played about as well as we could have minus some poorly thrown balls.

And if it had not been for those three INT's, there is a strong case that the Owls would have been in a much tighter contest for the entire game and not just a 10-6 score at the half…You know, before the wheels fell off of Graham Wilbert's accuracy rating.

However, for some excuse making Auburn blogger to start throwing out  "we didn't play that hard on purpose" recovery verbiage for the Tigers when their offense flat out got handled in comparison to the "level of competition" they went up against is a stinking JOKE.

Lowest output in two years. Nuff said.

Prelude: Everyone I've talked to, and countless written pieces gives the Owls credit for playing some good pig skin that day; aside from the toss aways.

Rant over, here's the offending comment:

"Everybody I've talked to today said Auburn could have beaten Florida Atlantic Saturday 60 to whatever. Gene Chizik just made a ballgame out of it. The same can be said for Nick Saban and North Texas. Both coaches could have embarrassed those teams. Instead, they just showed those teams who were good football teams. They could have gotten the full rating they deserved, but they didn't. That's why they call them good coaches. That may change this weekend. We'll see."

Auburn held back against Florida Atlantic
Back to the top

Re: Auburn Could Have Won Big Over FAU?

I think this is all horse-hockey. The whole week they said that they were going to "hang the loss to Clemson on somebody" and what better team to do that to than FAU? I think a couple things happened that game. Our D played pretty darn well and O came alive and showed they have the potential to not be 120th in the nation. We probably took advantage of the 117th D in the nation. Honestly, if we had our O from 07-09, we probably win that game.

The game was great for FAU because it gave us some confidence. However, I'd be VERY scared if I was an Auburn fan.
Back to the top

The majority of there starters were still in the game in the 3rd and 4th quarter.

They didnt let of the gas at all. I dont think they were scared of losing, but I think it was closer and we did more then they were comfortable with.

I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick @$$ and I'm out of bubble gum.

Back to the top

FAUfasho said

I think this is all horse-hockey.

wouldn't that be Polo?  ;D

as for the holding back, it would be easy for every BCS team that gets beat or close games could say that.
LAME!  ::)
Back to the top

FAUfasho said

I think this is all horse-hockey. The whole week they said that they were going to "hang the loss to Clemson on somebody" and what better team to do that to than FAU? I think a couple things happened that game. Our D played pretty darn well and O came alive and showed they have the potential to not be 120th in the nation. We probably took advantage of the 117th D in the nation. Honestly, if we had our O from 07-09, we probably win that game.

The game was great for FAU because it gave us some confidence. However, I'd be VERY scared if I was an Auburn fan.

100% agreed! They saw us as the team they got crushed by MSU and UF. They thought this would be a cup cake game for them. Then they come out and run a few running plays and uh-oh they got dropped for a loss. They try to run up the middle and stuffed. So then they figure oh we can pass it their line won't be able to get through and then we sacked them a number of times.

Face it Auburn, you underestimated us. We played a lot better than you ever thought we would. Hell, they played better than even I thought they would!

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

Auburn fans and alumni up here in Atlanta ARE VERY AFRAID of the rest of the season and most feel 5-7 is in their grasp! And NONE OF THEM think Auburn played soft they thought we were pretty good, ESPECIALLY ON D! And the Morris TD REALLY impressed them, his desire and toughness! Go Owls - beat the Cajuns Saturday!
Back to the top

I think everyone saw Auburn having a bad year this year, but probably not quite this rough. In any case, we might be able to get Gene Chizik as coach next year.  (I would imagine he'll be on the hot seat soon unless he makes some major changes)

FAU - We got Bowls!
Back to the top

FAUfasho said

O came alive and showed they have the potential to not be 120th in the nation.

Classic line.  :D

GO OWLS!!!

2017 and 2019 Conference USA Champions
Back to the top

Auburn Could Have Won Big Over FAU?

FAUfasho said

+ 1
Back to the top
Control functions: