Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

FEARLESS PREDICTIONS WEEK FIVE: FAU @ Louisiana-Lafayette

Hard to believe that it is already week five of the season. Finally conference play is here for the Owls after a rough run through the first four weeks of the season. The Owls took it on the chin the first two weeks, but rebounded after a bye week to make some serious improvements against Auburn. FAU takes that momentum to Louisiana as they visit the Ragin' Cajuns to open up the conference schedule. Should be a good weekend for football and no better way to kick it off than with some FEARLESS PREDICTIONS!!

Quote of the week:
"I want to rush for 1,000 or 1,500 yards, whichever comes first." Former New Orleans Saint RB George Rogers when asked about the upcoming season.

Troy @ UAB 10/01

In an interesting non-conference matchup that sets the stage for an argument as the state of Alabama's third best team, Troy visits Alabama-Birmingham. The Trojans are (1-2) while the Blazers are (0-3). FAU fans should keep an eye on this game as the Owls will get UAB at home to close out the season in late November. With both teams struggling this is a game that could jumpstart the season for either.

FEARLESS PREDICTION: Troy 35 UAB 20

FIU vs. Duke 10/01

FIU (3-1) lost a close game last week to UL(L) after starting the season at 3-0. The Golden Panthers now play host to perennial ACC bottom dweller Duke. Duke is 2-2 with a loss to FCS powerhouse Richmond and a win over ACC opponent Boston College. Duke has a passing attack that is ranked 20th in the nation, but the Duke defense has given up an average of 28 points per game. FIU scores an average of 28 points per game while the Golden Panther defense gives up just under 20 points per game and is ranked 35th nationally. Keeping those stats in mind FIU should keep pace with at least 4 touchdowns against Duke. This will be a close game, but FIU will notch a second win against a BCS conference opponent.

FEARLESS PREDICTION: FIU 28 Duke 24

FAU @ Louisiana 10/01

The game of the week in the SBC will feature a surprising Louisiana team (3-1) playing host to FAU (0-3). The Owls appear to have turned the corner last week in a close contest against Auburn. Statistically FAU kept pace with the Tigers with the three FAU turnovers being the biggest difference in the game. The FAU defense looks to be an improved unit over a year ago even though statistically the Owls are 112th in the country giving up 38 points per game. However, FAU gave up those points to Florida, Michigan State, and Auburn. All three of those teams will be bowling at end of the season. On offense is at the bottom of FBS football ranking dead last in rushing yards per game and points per game. However, I am inclined to throw the stats out now that FAU is in SBC play. I expect the Owls to perform more like they did against Auburn than what they did against Florida or Michigan State. The key to this game will be the FAU offensive line and the ability to get Alfred Morris going with the FAU rushing attack.

Louisiana brings one of the coolest mascots in all of the college football into this game along with a winning record and hopes of a run at the SBC title. The Ragin' Cajuns have a balanced attack and they bring a potent offense to the game. Louisiana averages 32 points per game including putting up 34 in the opening week against a tough Oklahoma State team. On defense the Cajuns have given up 31 points per game. That number is inflated by the 61 that Oklahoma State hung on them in week one. This game means very different things for the teams involved. For FAU a win means starting out SBC play on the right track. For Louisiana a win means jumping out to a 2-0 lead in the SBC. A loss would be devastating for both teams.

In the end, I say throw the stats out. The season begins here for FAU.

FEARLESS PREDICTION: FAU 27 Louisiana 24

Enjoy the weekend and as always GO OWLS!!!

2017 and 2019 Conference USA Champions
Back to the top

Re: FEARLESS PREDICTIONS WEEK FIVE: FAU @ Louisiana-Lafayette

FAU 24
UL 20

Morris Breaks out 100+ Rushing Yards, 2 Rushing TDs
Back to the top

27-24

ULL's athleticism is a welcomed slow down for a hungry D, who keeps things in check well enough to let the O pull out a close one.

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

Van V'S Deacons of Defense, make us proud

FAU 14

The not so hot peppers 0 8) 8)
Back to the top

I think we surprise some folks on the end of a long road trip..... Owls 30 Cajuns 12

"What counts is not necessarily the size of the dog in the fight - it's the size of the fight in the dog."
-Dwight D. Eisenhower
Back to the top

FEARLESS PREDICTIONS WEEK FIVE: FAU @ Louisiana-Lafayette

FAU 16
ULL 14

Morris has his first 100 yard game and no INTs for Graham combined with solid defense gives the Owls a close win.

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

At one point early this season, I thought that we would only win a couple of games.  After last week performance, I have slight hope.  In an upset I am going with the fighting Owls and say FAU 24 ULL 20.  Morris rushes for 100 yards.
Back to the top

16-13 FAU

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

17-14 Rajin' Cajun's on a late field goal.

Duke beats FIU as well.
Back to the top

FAU  24
ULL  21

Go OWLS!
Back to the top
Control functions: