Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Brett Loewenstern at home opener? Really?

From an e-mail that just dropped in my inbox, offering priority seats for the opener for $35!: "To add to the excitement of the inaugural game, former American Idol contestant and current Boca Raton resident Brett Loewenstern, who is a senior attending Spanish River High School, will perform during the pre-game ceremonies and fans will be treated to other once in a lifetime experiences in the new stadium."

Does that kid even know what a football is? Maybe FAU told him that tight ends play football, and he signed the deal. Christ, this athletics department just continues to amaze me.
Back to the top

Re: Brett Loewenstern at home opener? Really?

And how you do you priority seat folks who paid way more than $35 a ticket feel about this?
Back to the top

Brett Loewenstern at home opener? Really?

GhostOfBuchanan said

From an e-mail that just dropped in my inbox, offering priority seats for the opener for $35!: "To add to the excitement of the inaugural game, former American Idol contestant and current Boca Raton resident Brett Loewenstern, who is a senior attending Spanish River High School, will perform during the pre-game ceremonies and fans will be treated to other once in a lifetime experiences in the new stadium."

Does that kid even know what a football is? Maybe FAU told him that tight ends play football, and he signed the deal. Christ, this athletics department just continues to amaze me.

My mom watches American Idol and said he's absolutely horrible.

And she's right.
Back to the top

owlcountry said

GhostOfBuchanan said

My mom watches American Idol and said he's absolutely horrible.

And she's right.

Guy looks like Carrot Top did when he went here, He'll scare away all the progress to put people in the stands.
Back to the top

If it's for one game to fill the stands, I'm OK with it…more than that and I'll take issue
Back to the top

GhostOfBuchanan said

And how you do you priority seat folks who paid way more than $35 a ticket feel about this?

I will be way more upset if the stadium is more than half empty for our opening game, just get butts in the seats and let's worry about it later.

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

Two reactions:

1.  Were you expecting U2?
2.  Who cares who's singing?

If this kid brings a handful more fans into the stadium (and it'll at least bring in his friends and family), fine.

As for the price, as someone who bought season tickets there, the ticket price is really $135 for the season.  The additional money was a donation to the program.  We need to sell tickets…I'm fine with it.  Hopefully, eventually, those seats will sell out on a season ticket basis and this won't be an issue. 
Back to the top

Only people that bought the season tickets can buy extras for $35 right? 

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

Yeah, Black Eyed Peas and Beyonce weren't available.  :D

FAU Class of '87
Back to the top

No clue who that is and if it is a good day and I do expect it to be so I'll be too drunk to care by halftime
Back to the top
Control functions: