Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

I had to get this off my chest....

This is something I have to get out there. I'm disturbed with some of the attitudes and comments I see out there and on this board. I am just as pissed as the next guy with some of the performances and coaching this season. We all have an eye to the future knowing that Howard is stepping down. At 0-4, things don't get much worse. I totally understand all the frustration and anger. I'm crushed too. This, however, should not be a signal for us to reduce ourselves into classless, boorish fans. To criticize our coaching and our players is one thing. To take cheap shots at Howard, or anyone at FAU is down right classless. I'm not here to tell anyone not to do it. It is absolutely your right to do so. It is also my right (and in a way, my duty) and the right of any proud FAU fan to come up against any disrespectful comments and actions with great fury. So, don't be surprised when this happens. I am not here to single out any one comment or person. Everyone can criticize with respect. We at FAU need to learn not only to win with class, but to lose with class….

"What counts is not necessarily the size of the dog in the fight - it's the size of the fight in the dog."
-Dwight D. Eisenhower
Back to the top

Re: I had to get this off my chest....

Great post SB. I couldn't agree more. I am always amazed how people can degrade a coach or, even worse, a player, while they hide behind a screen name. Sure wish they had the cojones to come out to practice and tell them to there face. But they don't even come to practice, period. I know, cause I'm there at least 3 times a week. Constructive criticism is always welcomed…constructive and with respect. We are all frustrated at this point in the season, but I will stand behind my Owls…FAU Owl Pride in the past, the present and the future. ;)

-Go Owls!
Back to the top

I had to get this off my chest....

I wish I could be out there at the practices, but gotta pay the bills!
Back to the top

We are SUPPOSED to be 0-4 or MAYBE 1-3 AT BEST having played four straight road games with three vs. SEC and Big10 competition. WE actually have im proved a lot. I don't know why we played such a soft D that last possesion for ULL knowing they only needed a FG to win but we did.

Owls just need to go forward and beat UNT this Saturday (let the D play and attack ALL GAME coaches, that is why we switched to a 3-4) and then let the rest of the season flow. Only 0-1 in Belt play with 7 to play, plenty of time - NOBODY looks outstanding so far this year (ULL maybe being the exception with a lot of close wins so far).

And no matter what at UNT - SHOW UP AND SUPPORT YOIR OWLS PROGRAM OCT. 15th - WE GOTTA SHOW ANY PROSPECTIVE NEW COACH THAT THE SUPPORT WILL BE THERE FOR HIS NEW TEAM.
Back to the top

rdownin1 said

Oh I have plenty of those…bills that is, and they get payed. I just happen to work 5 minutes from campus (just the other side of I-95). I get the last hour or so of practice. I call it one of my benefits at work. Have to enjoy it this year. New coaching staff probably won't have open practices. :-\
Back to the top

prowler said

rdownin1 said

Oh I have plenty of those…bills that is, and they get payed. I just happen to work 5 minutes from campus (just the other side of I-95). I get the last hour or so of practice. I call it one of my benefits at work. Have to enjoy it this year. New coaching staff probably won't have open practices. :-\

Thats awesome the only time i get to see the team is on gamedays
Back to the top

I try to make to a couple of practices later in the year when it cools down...

"What counts is not necessarily the size of the dog in the fight - it's the size of the fight in the dog."
-Dwight D. Eisenhower
Back to the top
Control functions: