Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Article on Mike Leach - Interesting

Mike Leach: College football's most honest man - College Football News | FOX Sports on MSN

The only part I dont like is him supporting super conferences made up of 64 teams.  It looks like FAU will be left out, so why would he coach here if not part of what he sees as being closer to a playoff system?  That will be the biggest hurdle in landing him…no doubt.

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

Re: Article on Mike Leach - Interesting

No agenda in the way FOX heavily focuses on ESPN in the interview and calls into question the credibility of ESPN journalism.  ;)

I like Leach a lot, but I do not see the possibility of a 64 team playoff. FCS recently moved from 16 to 20 and I think that might be too many.

FBS could handle 8 and maximum 16 teams. Realistically no more than that many have a shot at the title.

GO OWLS!!!

2017 and 2019 Conference USA Champions
Back to the top

walty12 said

Mike Leach: College football's most honest man - College Football News | FOX Sports on MSN

The only part I dont like is him supporting super conferences made up of 64 teams.  It looks like FAU will be left out, so why would he coach here if not part of what he sees as being closer to a playoff system?  That will be the biggest hurdle in landing him…no doubt.

I think our advantage in that debate right now is that most of the "super conference teams" won't touch him…we are in a position to take risks.
Back to the top

TeamBeer said

walty12 said

I think our advantage in that debate right now is that most of the "super conference teams" won't touch him…we are in a position to take risks.

+13….that was one of original arguments as to why he'd come here.
Back to the top

Interesting article, a little hard to follow at first, but it does make me want to read his book and learn more about his story.  I'm really starting to hope we get lucky and end up with Leach as coach.  I mean the "Pirate" in So. Fla? it's perfect, and if it happens I can totally rock the pirate theme!

FAU - We got Bowls!
Back to the top

Hell, Id vote to have our mascot changed to a Parrot if it would help land the pirate.

In fact didnt that ole blue and yellow mascot picture LOOK like a parrot?

Someone has that laying around somewhere.

I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick @$$ and I'm out of bubble gum.

Back to the top

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

walty12 said

Why the hell would anyone want to live in New Mexico?
So I wouldn't be worried there.
UCLA would probably be a more attractive offer than FAU, though.
Back to the top

Please be a self fulfilling prophecy!

I'm renting a pirate ship and going to pick him up!

Back to the top

Article on Mike Leach - Interesting

Here's another article on Leach :

I see New Mexico might want you. Will you coach again?

"I want to go to a place that's undervalued, where the potential is great, a place that wants to win, not just participate, in football. When I was at Tech, no public school was ahead of us in graduation rates. We got our guys to compete in the classroom, and if they're competing in class and in football, that's an attitude they take into life."

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top
Control functions: