Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

ESPN Yanks Hank Williams Jr. from Monday Night Football . . .

Add topic

ESPN Yanks Hank Williams Jr. from Monday Night Football . . .

The Hank Williams Jr. song that has opened Monday Night Football for 20 years was not part of the opening of this week's game after Williams made controversial comments about President Barack Obama . . .

Hank Williams Jr. Likens Obama To Hitler | RealClearPolitics

ESPN pulls Hank Williams Jr.'s 'Are You Ready' opening from MNF - ESPN

Back to the top

Re: ESPN Yanks Hank Williams Jr. from Monday Night Football . . .

So ridiculous. I'm Jewish and I'm not offended by his comments at all. Not only that, I hate country music and I still side with Hank, He wasn't comparing Obama to Hitler. America has gotten way to soft. Everything has to be politically correct these days. They aren't janitors, they're custodial engineers. Give me a break! Man up America!

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

Jab979 said

So ridiculous. I'm Jewish and I'm not offended by his comments at all. Not only that, I hate country music and I still side with Hank, He wasn't comparing Obama to Hitler. America has gotten way to soft. Everything has to be politically correct these days. They aren't janitors, they're custodial engineers. Give me a break! Man up America!

+1

Could not agree more.
Back to the top

Well at least Hank didn't call Obama delerious….

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

Jab979 said

+2, unbelievable.

Anyone would realize the analogy he was trying to make but everyone has to constantly look for something to complain about.

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

I just read what he said….

You cant work for or represent a big company like ESPN and publically call the President the enemy while wearing a camo Alabama hat…just cant do it.  And an Adolf Hitler reference publically???  He knows better than that.  I work for a very large company…if our HR department read on a social media site that I said that I'd be gone in a flash.

Back to the top

walty12 said

You cant work for or represent a big company like ESPN and publically call the President the enemy while wearing a camo Alabama hat…just cant do it.

Maybe not, but you don't have to show up to the White House when invited…….

"President Barack Obama will honor NASCAR champion Jimmie Johnson and the 11 other Chase drivers from last year in a White House ceremony on Wednesday – but nearly half of the 2010 playoff contenders won't be there.

NASCAR said Thursday that five drivers – Greg Biffle, Kurt Busch, Carl Edwards, Kevin Harvick and Tony Stewart – will not be attending the White House visit due to "schedule conflicts."

Source

Touche!
Back to the top

The bigger question is why in the world was anyone interviewing Hank Williams Jr. about anything in the first place?  Who really cares about his opinion on anything other then the 30 second song he sings 17 weeks a year?

That said, I agree that ESPN had no choice but to yank him.  They have an image to protect and sponsors to keep happy…and there is nothing that scares sponsors away faster than controversy.  
Back to the top

fauowls44 said

The bigger question is why in the world was anyone interviewing Hank Williams Jr. about anything in the first place?  Who really cares his opinion on anything other then the 30 second song he sings 17 weeks a year?

That said, I agree that ESPN had no choice but to yank him.  They have an image to protect and sponsors to keep happy…and there is nothing that scares sponsors away faster then controversy.
This sounds about right
Back to the top

Rick said

walty12 said

You cant work for or represent a big company like ESPN and publically call the President the enemy while wearing a camo Alabama hat…just cant do it.

Maybe not, but you don't have to show up to the White House when invited…….

"President Barack Obama will honor NASCAR champion Jimmie Johnson and the 11 other Chase drivers from last year in a White House ceremony on Wednesday – but nearly half of the 2010 playoff contenders won't be there.

NASCAR said Thursday that five drivers – Greg Biffle, Kurt Busch, Carl Edwards, Kevin Harvick and Tony Stewart – will not be attending the White House visit due to "schedule conflicts."

Source

Touche!

Yeehaw!  Get er' done!!!  Every Sunday when Nascar is on I have a "schedule conflict" when they are racing around the track.  The conflict is trying not to be white trash.

Back to the top
Control functions: