Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

University Press article on Owl Fingers

Add topic

Good read.

Had no idea it was supposed to spell out "OWL." Probably could use the other hand to form an L to make that more obvious.
Back to the top

Re: University Press article on Owl Fingers

owlcountry said

Good read.

Had no idea it was supposed to spell out "OWL." Probably could use the other hand to form an L to make that more obvious.

There was a thread on here a few weeks back about the Owl fingers. Smitty commented on it and said if you look close enough they spell out OWL

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

Re: University Press article on Owl Fingers

University Press article on Owl Fingers

I've seen people spell out Owl by using Owl Fingers with the left hand, crossing it behind the right hand while the right hand makes the shape of an "L"…first time I saw that though was when the Coach welcomed the band in the hotel and took a bunch of pictures with us,lol.

BTW- this is the last thing I've been ending my info sessions with when people come for tours. It's kind of my last little sales pitch to them on why FAU is unique. I always mention how quickly Owl Fingers spread and how it is a firm tradition now at FAU and I say, "That was just one guy (and girl) who wanted to see something at FAU that wasn't here, they thought of the idea and now it is a FIRM tradition at FAU. See, that's what makes FAU very unique at this time. There is so much tradition being built NOW because of all the growth in the University and YOU have a chance to be a part of that and be responsible for things like that."

They seem to enjoy it, I always finish with…"and now you know the story of Owl Fingers" and that usually gets a little chuckle,lol.
Back to the top
Control functions: