Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

QB Poll

Should Wilbert Get the Boot if FAU loses to North Texas?

Keep Wilbert... he's all we got.
Start the "Giant" a.k.a. Daivd Kooi
Brace ourselves for Nick Bracewell
Curtains Up on Stephen Curtis
Who cares. If we lose to the Mean Green our Season is Over.

You must select between 1 and 34 options

Wilbert has proven to be unreliable. Should FAU lose to North Texas this Saturday; does a new QB get the start for our home opener against Western Kentucky?
Back to the top

Re: QB Poll

QB Poll

I voted for Curtis, but I'd be fine if it were Bracewell too. We need to look to the future, if we're not going to do anything this season and not win many games I'd rather let one of the young guys get some playing time. Starting Kooi is pointless

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

I haven't seen enough of Kooi to have a solid opinion on him.  But I have seen enough of Wilbert, he cant read a defense, check down, or throw accurate passes…he is a backup DI QB at best.

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

I do not think it a question of whether or not FAU wins or loses. It all depends on how well Wilbert plays. He could have a good game and FAU could still lose if the defense doesn't produce or if the running game is stagnant.

If the loss can squarely be blaimed on Wilbert then yes, bench him.

GO OWLS!!!

2017 and 2019 Conference USA Champions
Back to the top

I say let Wilbert continue since he is our most seasoned QB at this point and then let the new coach decide if he wants to continue to play him or one of the younger guys that he'll have more time to mold… at least till he gets his own recruits in and ready to play
Back to the top

owlfan1 said

I do not think it a question of whether or not FAU wins or loses. It all depends on how well Wilbert plays. He could have a good game and FAU could still lose if the defense doesn't produce or if the running game is stagnant.

If the loss can squarely be blaimed on Wilbert then yes, bench him.

GO OWLS!!!

Isn't it supposed to be whomever gives the team the best chance to win?

Back to the top

Yes, it is. However you are missing the point. Say we lose 38-35 and he goes 22/30 for 250 yards with 3tds and 1ints should he still be benched? My argument would be that he did enough and that the defense fell short.

We cannot just say bench him because we lost. It all depends on how he plays.

GO OWLS!!!

2017 and 2019 Conference USA Champions
Back to the top

Truthfully,

I think Coach is going to ride Wilbert the entire season, regardless of this performance. Coach is big on the QB and once his mind is made up – nothing changes. But for the sake of the team, I hope another QB gets a shot at the starting job because #14 has not looked good at any point in his college career.
Back to the top

I think the capt. is right, we all know coach is old school and once he makes up his mind, you ain't changing it.  But, if for some reason (injury, or change of heart) we do pull Wilbert, I'd like to see one of the younger guys play.  I agree with an earlier post that said playing Kooi does nothing for us.  If we pick another senior to play, then we have no experience at QB again next year and I don't want to be in that situation again.  It was embarrassing to tell people that at the beginning of the season we had 4 pass attempts between our 2 starting QB's. 

FAU - We got Bowls!
Back to the top

owlfan1 said

Yes, it is. However you are missing the point. Say we lose 38-35 and he goes 22/30 for 250 yards with 3tds and 1ints should he still be benched? My argument would be that he did enough and that the defense fell short.

We cannot just say bench him because we lost. It all depends on how he plays.

GO OWLS!!!

Now I clearly understand your point.  Wilbert is the reason Auburn was able to pull away and the reason we couldn't against Louisiana.  Due to a late surge in the 4th quarter though, I let him play the first half against UNT.

Back to the top
Control functions: