Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

"Let’s get ready to celebrate the opening of ‘our’ stadium"

Back to the top

Re: "Let’s get ready to celebrate the opening of ‘our’ stadium"

Did the city make any monetary contribution to the stadium?
Back to the top

I don't think so but the article is great in that it points out what needs to happen for the stadium and the team to be successful in the stadium - the acceptance of the community. And not just Boca, but all of Palm Beach County and "most of" South Florida as well, at least including Broward County now that the Marlins have moved back to the south.

It will serve as the focal point of being "our" stadium and "our team(s)", and "our" University! Many complain about it being built for "football" and "playing only five games a year, what a waste of our taxpayer dollars". First, no taxes were used to finance the stadium (at a public university), unlike the Marlin's new palace for a privately held business. And second, this "pulling the community together to support the University after all these years and pulling the student body together more tightly than even before is really what the stadium is all about - improving the total experience of the University. When alumni have more pride in their Alma mater, they will donate more back to it and FAU will become a "real" University starting Oct. 15!

Be there and see this most beautiful stadium and yell and cheer for "your" Owls!
Back to the top

Nice article, glad to see them getting on board.
Back to the top

Great stuff. That should spark some interest in the general public and I like that the article highlights the fact that naming rights are still open and available. Hopefully that will get some more sponsors on board.

GO OWLS!!!

2017 and 2019 Conference USA Champions
Back to the top

"During a recent stadium tour, the Boca Raton Tribune staff learned a lot about the sports venue – and how the 30,000 seat stadium could be turned into a 60,000-seat location by simply enclosing the ends of the stands."

Nice article, but I think this statement is wrong.
By closing the student end zone in the future; I think that can only add 10,000 more seats turning the stadium into a 40K seat stadium.
Back to the top

AlexFAU06 said

"During a recent stadium tour, the Boca Raton Tribune staff learned a lot about the sports venue – and how the 30,000 seat stadium could be turned into a 60,000-seat location by simply enclosing the ends of the stands."

By closing the student end zone in the future; I think that can only add 10,000 more seats turning the stadium into a 40K seat stadium.

Yes, it's not possible to put 30k people into open corners! Also, I think the student end zone had fewer rows than the rest of the stadium except the enclosed corners. I don't think we'll be worrying about adding more seats for a long time – it may be more desirable to create scarcity and a sold out (smaller) venue.
Back to the top

Lm77 said

AlexFAU06 said

Yes, it's not possible to put 30k people into open corners! Also, I think the student end zone had fewer rows than the rest of the stadium except the enclosed corners. I don't think we'll be worrying about adding more seats for a long time – it may be more desirable to create scarcity and a sold out (smaller) venue.

I agree with this thought.  I want to see the FAU ticket a hard one to get before expanding.

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

"Let’s get ready to celebrate the opening of ‘our’ stadium"

ice article, but I think this statement is wrong.

I like the design of the stadium now with the palm trees inside the stadium.  If we close it up, it would look like UCF bounce house.  ;D
Back to the top

You can always go up and leave the trees and the open endzone.
Back to the top
Control functions: