Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

FEARLESS PREDICTIONS WEEK SIX - FAU @ North Texas

Week Six gets underway with SBC action and WKU visiting MTSU. Moving into Saturday there are some significant games in the Sunbelt.

This weeks quote: "There's one sure way to stop us from scoring….give us the ball near the goal line." Matty Bell (SMU)

And, here are my FEARLESS PREDICTIONS for selected games:

Louisiana Monroe vs. Arkansas State 10/08

ULM (1-3) hosts Arkansas State (3-2). ULM has their first SBC contest against an ASU team that is 1-0 in the SBC. ASU has one of the SBC's best QBs in Ryan Alpin. He has notched 1385 yards in his first five contests. ULM has struggled to put together an effective offense thus far. The ULM defense ranks 91st in points nationally while ASU ranks 38th nationally in scoring defense. The ASU offense will be too much in this one.

FEARLESS PREDICTION: ASU 34 ULM 21

Louisiana (Lafayette) vs. Troy 10/08

The UL Ragin' Cajuns are off to a 4-1 start and have a lead in the SBC with a 2-0 record. They have looked very good thus far and with a win over Troy they can take a commanding lead in the race for the SBC title. ULM averages 33 points per game, but surrenders just under 32 points per game. Troy is 2-2 overall and 1-0 in the SBC. The Trojans statistically have one of the nations worst defensive units. This game should be a high scoring affair. I give Louisiana the nod with the home field advantage and a little Cajun cooking.

FEARLESS PREDICTION: Louisiana 38 Troy 35

FAU @ North Texas 10/08

FAU (0-4) wraps up a 5 game road streak to open the season as they head west to face North Texas (1-4). Both teams are opening up new stadiums this season and both are looking for their first conference win of the season. FAU could fall into the trap of looking ahead to next week's opening of the team's new on campus stadium. The Owls need to maintain focus and not look ahead. Neither team has been very impressive thus far. The key for FAU in this one will be converting on offense and letting the defense off the field. FAU has a very good shot at winning this one if the offense can continue to improve like they have the past two weeks. This game looks like it will be an ugly one with the winner making less mistakes than the loser.

FEARLESS PREDICTION: FAU 24 UNT 21

That is all for this week. Enjoy a cold one and keep October 15th on your minds.

GO OWLS!!!

2017 and 2019 Conference USA Champions
Back to the top

Re: FEARLESS PREDICTIONS WEEK SIX - FAU @ North Texas

30 -24 Owls

FAU picks up thier first win on the season to establish some momentum heading into the largest football game ever played in Boca Raton to date.

On a side note:

I finally get to shave off this dang mustache!
Back to the top

Rick said

:D :D :D

"What counts is not necessarily the size of the dog in the fight - it's the size of the fight in the dog."
-Dwight D. Eisenhower
Back to the top

Owls        31
N. Texas  24
Back to the top

FEARLESS PREDICTIONS WEEK SIX - FAU @ North Texas

Silver_Bullet32 said

Rick said

\

Haha, did you make a bet or something Rick?

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

walty12 said

Silver_Bullet32 said

Rick said

\

Haha, did you make a bet or something Rick?

Nope.

But, did take the Mustache Challenge that former OL Jarrid Smith rallied together…….

Surprised you didn't?!

Check Out the Details Here

Back to the top

FAU: 24 | NT: 17
Back to the top

I predict our stadium is better than their stadium
FAU 26
NT 24
Back to the top

I don't know why, but a lot of people are down playing North Texas as a team. I think they are a quality squad. This is the first year for new head coach Dan McCarney and he has had a difficult slate so far. Just look at their schedule…

Loss @ FIU (3-2)
Loss vs Houston (5-0) in a game where it was 20-17 at halftime.
Loss @ #2 Alabama
Win vs Indiana. I don't care how bad Indiana is, they are a Big Six school.
Loss @ Tulsa (2-3). Tulsa's three losses are to #3 Oklahoma, #6 Oklahoma State and #5 Boise State.

That being said, I think the +4.5 line is exactly where it should be. Are we going to be able to bottle up Lance Dunbar  like we did last year (72-yards) or is it going to be like the last trip to Denton when he went off for 238-yards and 3 TDs? Only one opposing player has rushed for 100-yards against us this season and that was UF's Jeff Demps (105-yards), primarily because team's quarterbacks are having field days against our secondary. So the question is going to come down to, can we stop the run, and not get beat deep for big plays like we did against Louisiana?

I just can't see us being able to do that. We're 1-9 in our last 10 road games, and rank dead last in the conference in every offensive statistic category. Hopefully Coach Jackson has schemed up a game plan, which will allow Wilbert to try and 'win' the game rather than 'manage' it.

North Texas- 29 FAU- 24.

Back to the top

FAU said

We're 1-9 in our last 10 road games, and rank dead last in the conference in every offensive statistic category.

Now now…we are tied for 2nd in FG made…….

;D

:-\

:'(
Back to the top
Control functions: