Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Any NF(OW)Ls Attending Opening Day?

Any NF(OW)Ls Attending Opening Day?

Titans and Cardinals have bye weeks on the weekend FAU's stadium opener.

Any word if Rusty Smith or Rob Housler will be in Boca that weekend?
Back to the top

Re: Any NF(OW)Ls Attending Opening Day?

Thats cool, I was thinking now way but I didnt realize that they had Byes.

I hope they come that would be cool.

I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick @$$ and I'm out of bubble gum.

Back to the top

Really, all former owl football players should be honored at this game, along with Howard. Hope they do this pre-game or half time.
Back to the top

Captain said

Really, all former owl football players should be honored at this game, along with Howard. Hope they do this pre-game or half time.

+ 1
Back to the top

I hope FAU invites them. They should probably invite former Bowl Team members.
Back to the top

Somebody must be psychic…

ERROR: A link was posted here (url) but it appears to be a broken link.

Rusty Smith to host dinner for former players in new stadium

Smith, the first FAU player to make an NFL roster and whose Tennessee Titan team happens to be on a bye that week, will be in attendance and serve as host. Current Arizona Cardinal Rob Housler, a third round choice in the 2011 NFL Draft whose team will also be in the midst of its bye week, and about 50 other former Owls have already RSVPed….

I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick @$$ and I'm out of bubble gum.

Back to the top

Nice! Glad to see all the old Owls being honored at the new stadium.
Back to the top

Looks like they're having dinner inside the stadium the night before. All former players are being asked to pay $40 per person.

I don't know how I feel about that. Part of me feels that they should be asked to pay because they're in the NFL and what's $40 a person to them? However, the other part of me feels like they shouldn't be asked to pay anything. They should be guests of honor. If not for them there is no stadium, they helped build this team and in my opinion this stadium too.

What does everyone else think?

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

$40 isn't too much of an expense.  Given the financial struggles that the atheltic department, and universities across the state for that matter, is having I understand.

Besides, in todays market, $40 is like taking a date to the movies including popcorn and drinks.
Back to the top

owlfamily said

Somebody must be psychic…

Rusty Smith to host dinner for former players in new stadium

Smith, the first FAU player to make an NFL roster and whose Tennessee Titan team happens to be on a bye that week, will be in attendance and serve as host. Current Arizona Cardinal Rob Housler, a third round choice in the 2011 NFL Draft whose team will also be in the midst of its bye week, and about 50 other former Owls have already RSVPed….

Nice article!
I will assume some family members of these former football players will be attending the opening.
Back to the top
Control functions: