Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Stefan Moody Committs to FAU Men's Basketball

Add topic

Per ESPN.com's Director of Basketball Recruiting Paul Biancardi Via Twitter yesterday afternoon:

5' 9" Dynamic PG Stefan Moody just made a verbal commitment to FAU. He can dunk / block shots , and pushes the pace. .Nate Robinson Type!

Looking at this kid, who had gotten no attention until this past July due to some false information circulating that he was going to UF on a football scholarship as a corner, he could likely play for just about any program in the country and would be the most athletic player we have had at the PG spot.

He can dunk over substantially taller players and Has a SOLID stroke as well…so aside from size, appears to have the complete package.

Here's a piece on him from earlier in the year from the LA Times:

Moody…wowing major-college coaches at the Las Vegas Fab48

2010-11 Stats Via MaxPrep

He'll still have to go through the NCAA Clearinghouse, but 2012-13 is starting to look like a wonderful time to be an Owl Fan!
Back to the top

Re: Stefan Moody Committs to FAU Men's Basketball

So in other words, he's the new Ray Ray, just taller lol

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

Football will probably be a downer for at least the next 2 yrs so its good to have basketball to look forward to
Back to the top

He can play corner? ;D
Back to the top

Forget corner…can he throw a football?? :)

Seriously though, were looking good this year but 2012 will be a great bball season!! Get ready to do some traveling in March!
Back to the top

Stefan Moody Committs to FAU Men's Basketball

He's not even done recruiting yet. Don't worry about looking for our name in the mid major top 25.

I'm thinking overall top 25, this season!

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

You've got that right. And with the coaching of Jarvis, the players will outperform expectations. Maybe they will be a top 25 team on the court.

Funny how everyone says we can go Big East football only, but how about the opposite?
All of our other sports are really good. Big East non-football members possibly??

ROLL OWLS
Back to the top

NJOWL said

You've got that right. And with the coaching of Jarvis, the players will outperform expectations. Maybe they will be a top 25 team on the court.

Funny how everyone says we can go Big East football only, but how about the opposite?
All of our other sports are really good. Big East non-football members possibly??
Well Depaul beat us last yr so lets pump the brakes for a little bit on that
Back to the top

But we beat USF and the DePaul game was in the midst of a long road trip.

We have seen what Jarvis does with average skilled/undersized players. Can you imagine what he will do when he gets legitimate players?

No knock on the guys we have now, they are great. But it seems we stole these two recruuits from some top end AQ schools. Bryant was being looked at by many schools and academics held him back (I think). Moody was being looked at by UCLA. Wow. And Jarvis can still get 2-3 more guys, if he feels it is needed. Too bad they can't play basketball in the new stadium…

ROLL OWLS
Back to the top

three things:

first get out the negative. I was at the DePaul game and the only reason why FAU didn't lose by 40+ was because they had walk-ons on the court to get some time in since they never will see time in the Big East. Our big men were awful, fading away from the basket instead of going at it.

I know Jarvis better than 99% of you, i've known him since i was young. He recruits a certain player, when it works, it works great and so far it has worked out well. I'm not as high on him as others but he's done a good job so there's nothing i can say. BUT he needs big men. This team doesn't have great 3 point shooters, it needs some rebounders and guys who get get inside and get nasty. Its very close to working, very close but its still a man or two away from being legit.

This guys moody is a big time recruit, 100% legit. you put him on the court with gnatt (whom I think is the best player on the team), taylor, with two guys who can go to the hoop and with depth on the bench, its easily a top 25 team.

side note…. Kore White has a lot on his shoulders this season to step up. Don't be afraid of the elbows, go to the hoop. Dunk the ball, don't shoot it.
Back to the top
Control functions: