Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Wilbert Could Be Out for WKU...

Wilbert Could Be Out for WKU...

Coach Schnellenberger just announced on the weekly Sun Belt Coaches call that Graham Wilbert injured his throwing arm on Saturday:

"We have QB problems. Graham looks like he is going to be questionable for the game."

"If he weren’t injured we would probably keep him as our starting QB. The injury looks like it will keep him from being the starter…Throwing arm injury, we’ll find out very quickly about it."

Kooi will get the nod if he can't go, and he said that Stephen Curtis will be the back up.

Back to the top

Re: Wilbert Could Be Out for WKU...

What did Kooi do to the coaches?? I know he hasn't shown a TON of promise (though he did have a nice drive against UNT from what I've read) but I just can't understand why they're sticking with Graham so loyally…did Kooi try to make out with Beverlee on a road trip last year or something?

"he only has one working arm and is now blind in his left eye but Graham Wilbert will still be our starting QB on Saturday…" WHAT??
Back to the top

TeamBeer said

What did Kooi do to the coaches?? I know he hasn't shown a TON of promise (though he did have a nice drive against UNT from what I've read) but I just can't understand why they're sticking with Graham so loyally…did Kooi try to make out with Beverlee on a road trip last year or something?

"he only has one working arm and is now blind in his left eye but Graham Wilbert will still be our starting QB on Saturday…" WHAT??

HAHAHA!! Funniest thing I've read on here in a while. Thanks Team Beer!

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

I will be in Boca today and will be sure to give Wilbert a nice solid handshake when I see him, maybe with a twist follow-through and then a hip toss.

While I appreciate loyalty, Schnelly needs to wake up and realize that Wilbert is just plain awful and has been since the spring game.
Back to the top

Rick said

Coach Schnellenberger just announced on the weekly Sun Belt Coaches call that Graham Wilbert injured his throwing arm on Saturday:

"We have QB problems. Graham looks like he is going to be questionable for the game."

"If he weren’t injured we would probably keep him as our starting QB.

Wow! Coach still stands behind Wilbert. I really hope Kooi or Curtis puts up 400+ yards. Not because I want FAU to blowout WKU in our home opener, but just to prove how wrong Coach is about Wilbert.

I used to have faith in coach, now I can't wait till he retires!!
Back to the top

I love Howard, but like old worn out boxers, he should have hung up those gloves last year. 
Back to the top

GhostOfBuchanan said

I will be in Boca today and will be sure to give Wilbert a nice solid handshake when I see him, maybe with a twist follow-through and then a hip toss.

While I appreciate loyalty, Schnelly needs to wake up and realize that Wilbert is just plain awful and has been since the spring game.

Now that was funny!

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

Um, coach wanted to pull Wilbert two games ago.

The rest of the staff convinced him not to.

Back to the top

FAU said

I love Howard, but like old worn out boxers, he should have hung up those gloves last year.

He would have if the financing of the stadium would have went as planned.

But hopefully in the long run it works out.  Maybe the timing for Leach will end up being perfect and this is all the price we pay this year for future sucess.  Then me, owlcountry40, d-owl, and the delt boys can all skip hand in hand down the breezeway together singing the FAU fight song. 

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

Seriously though, how big of a jerk does Kooi have to be to not even get a chance? I'd heard he had a bad attitude but this is unreal.

Unless Graham is the second coming of Mother Teresa I don't know how you defend him like that
Back to the top
Control functions: