Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

New site?

Add topic

I dont know if its appropriate to advertise one site on another but I just stumbled upon www.owlaccess.com  Alot of great stuff on the stadium and sports.  I like this message board much more though.  How long has that site been out?  I only found it when I went to bring up this page and typed fauOWLnest.com instead of fauOWLSnest.com.

Also here is a great video on the stadium.  I wish Hakeeme Ishmar would spend as much time practicing scoring touchdowns instead of his touchdown dance.

Back to the top

Re: New site?

That's dirty pool to use a domain name almost identical to this one.  That's hijacking of web traffic.

FAU Class of '87
Back to the top

I guess there real address is Owlaccess.com  but they got me on fauowlnest.com
Back to the top

bighooter said

How long has that site been out?

Pretty sure three years or so now…

Back to the top

wow.. never heard of it.
Back to the top

New site?

If Rick doesn't mind I will say they have some decent coverage, news type, of FAU athletics but as far as message boards go it is a VERY VERY Weak.  It is also paid content for much of it.

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

Why would I mind?

Truth is truth…they do have good coverage.

I believe we all have a nitch of sorts…too bad there isn't more of a feeling of family and cohesiveness is my only complaint, and will just leave it at that.

Btw, I spoke to Marcus a bit ago and he indicated that the purchase of www.fauowlnest.com was "part of a recommended marketing strategy" when his site was started…
Back to the top

Rick said

Why would I mind?

Truth is truth…they do have good coverage.

I believe we all have a nitch of sorts…too bad there isn't more of a feeling of family and cohesiveness is my only complaint, and will just leave it at that.

Btw, I spoke to Marcus a bit ago and he indicated that the purchase of www.fauowlnest.com was "part of a recommended marketing strategy" when his site was started…

You're far more forgiving than I would be.  I've had people register similar domains to some of my websites and had to go after them as they were trying to steal traffic from my sites.  Trademark infringement of sorts. If you have no problem with this tactic,  no worries.

FAU Class of '87
Back to the top

The people behind both sites love FAU sports and I really think the sites complement each other more than anything.

I think of this as the "fan" site and theirs as the "media" site.

Between this site, Ted's blog and Owlaccess.com, we're completely covered. That's why it's no big deal that the Rivals.com FAU page completely blows and the joke of a blog over at the PBP is barely ever updated.

If anything, I'd like more "on the ground" information about the non-sports, campus life side of FAU. The University Press writes what, five or six stories a week and that's not enough. At the same time, I know there's very little audience for the UP as it is so it's not like a spin-off paper could be started and live off advertising revenue.

Back to the top

I realize there is some friction between this site and OwlAccess.com but if you're an FAU sports fan you're missing out if you don't read both regularly.

Personally, I visit this site strictly for the message board, and OwlAccess for breaking news and exclusive stories that ODB Uncle Teddy neglects

President of the No Homers Club. Keepin' it real since 2001.
Back to the top
Control functions: