Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Ribbon Cutting Ceremony...

On Ted Hutton's blog, he has repeatedly said that something special will happen at the ribbon cutting ceremony on Friday. What could he be talking about???

New Coach? New arena????

ROLL OWLS
Back to the top

Re: Ribbon Cutting Ceremony...

This looks special…wonder what it is  ;)

ERROR: A link was posted here (img) but it appears to be a broken link.

Back to the top

Yeah was curious to what teds been hinting at. Been trying to decide if its worth a trip over from Naples. If its just the statue I can wait till Saturday. If its something greater than that I gotta be there.
Back to the top

Maybe its a $150,000 dollar solid bronze Owl?  North Texas had that Eagle that the Greeks donated, I almost fell out of my seat.  Personally I think they could have gone with bronze plated and saved some money.  IMO
Back to the top

Ribbon Cutting Ceremony...

Roscoe: Not worth the trip from Naples.
But if you are nearby, you might want to go. howard, brogan, saunders, and a lot of former players will be on hand for the, well, surprise that is pretty much an open secret.
/ ted
Back to the top

While I respect Howard and am excited about the statue, I am still a little disapointed it isn't a new basketballl arena……

Can you imagine having a 10,000 seat basketball arena to complement our stadium which will be 40,000 seats in 10 years????

ROLL OWLS
Back to the top

That statue better not be Owsley but Coach S. Maybe they have been saying it was Owsley all along but it will really be Coach S when unveiled ???
The head looks too small for our mascot.
Back to the top

Ted said

Roscoe: Not worth the trip from Naples.
But if you are nearby, you might want to go. howard, brogan, saunders, and a lot of former players will be on hand for the, well, surprise that is pretty much an open secret.
/ ted

Thanks Ted, greatly appreciated. I was actually going to email you seeking your personal and confidential advice on this matter but you beat me to it. Thanks again.  Also wanted to let you know I greatly appreciate all your effort and great coverage of FAU athletics. Your FAU coverage even saves me gas lol.
Back to the top

FAUFBL said

That statue better not be Owsley but Coach S. Maybe they have been saying it was Owsley all along but it will really be Coach S when unveiled ???
The head looks too small for our mascot.

That statue is man-shaped, looks permanent and it's in the stadium, meaning it isn't the Owlsley statue that will be unveiled on Saturday by the Rec Center and will have an "outstretched wing for players to touch as they pass by on the Owl Prowl."

Wow, two statues unveiled in a span of two days. Pretty nice.

And apparently there are supposed to be bronze Owl statues going into the old Alumni Plaza (over by the Rat's Mouth tailgating area). Can anyone confirm? Is anything covered over there? It's gotta be over there by now if it's going to be there by Saturday…
Back to the top

It looks like a head with its arms crossed.  Bet its Coach S, the should have placed a box over it if they wanted to be more discrete. It could be a big Acadamy Award.  ;D
Back to the top
Control functions: