Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

FEARLESS PREDICTIONS WEEK SEVEN: FAU vs. WKU

FEARLESS PREDICTIONS WEEK SEVEN: FAU vs. WKU

Week Seven is upon us and it is a week that FAU fans have been waiting for since the inception of the program. FAU is slated to open the still to be named on-campus stadium and play their first true home game in the program's history. Given the significance of this Saturday's game, I will keep my Fearless Predictions limited to this game only. However, before we start I want to revisit some moments in FAU history that helped to set the stage for this Saturday.

Howard Schnellenberger named Director of Football Operations and later Head Coach of FAU Football 1998

FAU vs. Slippery Rock 2001

The inaugural game for FAU. The Owls were shocked with last minute notice of ineligibility of numerous players. The Owls were then shocked on the field at ProPlayer Stadium as they lost 40-7 in front of 25,000 plus fans.

FAU @ Bethune-Cookman 2001

The Owls followed up the loss to Slippery Rock by making the trip up I-95 to Daytona to take on the #22 ranked Wildcats of Bethune-Cookman. In a downpour the fledling Owls came from behind to upset BCC with a 31-28 win. This marked the first win in the history of FAU football.

FAU @ MTSU 2003

The Owls played up a division and visited MTSU. In a shocker the two year old team became the youngest team in NCAA history to beat a 1A opponent.

FAU in the 2003 NCAA 1-AA Playoffs

FAU played Bethune-Cookman in the opening round of the NCAA 1-AA playoffs and the Owls won 32-24. FAU went on to beat Northern Arizona on the road before losing to Colgate in the semifinals.

FAU @ Hawaii 2004

The Owls made the long trip to Hawaii and outgunned an explosive Hawaii team to pull off the win in an unexpected fashion. Coach Schnellenberger proclaims that his team is willing to play anywhere including a parking lot in Tokyo at midnight.

FAU vs. Minnesota 2007

FAU hosted BIG10 opponent Minnesota to open the season. The Owls outscored Minnesota 42-39 to defeat their first BCS conference opponent in school history.

FAU vs. Troy 2007

FAU needed a win against SBC powerhouse Troy to secure the SBC title and a trip to the New Orleans Bowl. FAU upset Troy and won the SBC title in the program's seventh season.

FAU vs. Memphis New Orleans Bowl 2007

The Owls took Bourbon Street by storm and shocked a predominantly Memphis crowd. FAU earned the title as New Orleans Bowl Champion and became the youngest program ever to advance to and win a bowl game.

FAU vs. Central Michigan Motor City Bowl 2008

FAU returned to a bowl game in 2008 and took on a heavily favored Central Michigan Squad in their own backyard. Once again the Owls spoiled the party for the favorites. FAU secured its second bowl victory in just as many seasons.

FAU vs. WKU 2011

This will be a historic day as Coach Howard Schnellenberger's dream becomes a reality. Football will be played in paradise and FAU will have accomplished more than any team ever has in 11 years of existance.

FEARLESS PREDICTION:

FAU vs. Western Kentucky 10/15

This is a difficult game to predict given the emotion that FAU will bring to this game despite an 0-5 start to the season. Regardless of the outcome on the scoreboard, FAU will leave a winner. This goes not just for the team, but for the University and the community of Boca Raton.

The Owls are 3-0 against WKU and I don't expect them to let WKU leave Boca Raton with a win on Saturday. This game will be close, but FAU will be undefeated at home after the final whistle blows.

FEARLESS PREDICTION: OWLS WIN, OWLS WIN, OWLS WIN, FAU 24 WKU 21

2017 and 2019 Conference USA Champions
Back to the top

Re: FEARLESS PREDICTIONS WEEK SEVEN: FAU vs. WKU

Nice Owlfan1!

;D

Going to agree with you and say…….

WKU 17 FAU 20

OWLS WIN!
Back to the top

FAU  17
WKU 10

Going out on a limb and saying this is going to be a low scoring affair ;D
Back to the top

they better be so damn fired up for this one… welcome to our house…
FAU 42
WKU 13

;D
Back to the top

NCowl said

they better be so damn fired up for this one… welcome to our house…
FAU 42
WKU 13

;D
This is about right
Back to the top

I disagree with the low scoring.  Normally I would agree but Kooi seems more aggressive and needs to prove a point to earn the number 1 spot.  I predict he will come out guns ablazzin, hopefully the rest of the O hops one board….

FAU 34
WKU  17
Back to the top

I’ve been thinking about this post all week long, and beating myself up over it. Saturday will be one of the greatest days for FAU football, and I cannot be any more excited. I have the utmost respect for the fans, coaches, students, boosters, and players who have been with this program from day one. I was only around for three football seasons at Lockhart, and I thought those were painful. So I know for a lot of people on this board, tomorrow will be a rewarding day.

Now back to football. Western Kentucky scares me. Watching them beast MTSU last Thursday night in double overtime, showed that. I’m expecting Bobby Rainey to touch the ball 45-50 times, so if we hold him in check, we should be fine. We also have to remember while this is a big day for us; the Hilltoppers have 33 players on their roster from the state of Florida who will be more than glad to ruin our big day.

Since 1994 nine programs have opened up new stadiums that were primarily used for their football program and three of them lost their opening game. (UCF to Texas, N. Texas to Houston, and Louisville to Kentucky) That being said, I feel like the odds are in favor of us winning.

Owls 29-23 in an overtime thriller.
Back to the top

FAU: 42 | WKU: 17
Back to the top
Control functions: