Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Attendance Record!

Add topic

Attendance Record!

Well, rumor has it that the game is sold out now…it will be the first time scalpers will profit from an FAU game.

Lets set the bar high tomorrow!
Back to the top

Re: Attendance Record!

No rumor, confirmed from Dexter's office this morning

President of the No Homers Club. Keepin' it real since 2001.
Back to the top

Good news,

Now will there be a REAL butt in every seat is the next question?

I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick @$$ and I'm out of bubble gum.

Back to the top

TeamBeer said

Well, rumor has it that the game is sold out now…it will be the first time scalpers will profit from an FAU game.

Interesting. Ticket office guy at the stadium told me as of ~7 pm there were "several hundred seats left" including $28 seats he could sell me.
Back to the top

There's no way this could have been a sellout.  Are you telling me all of those $80 seats under the press box were sold, either as season tix or single game?  There were also fairly large sections in the corners that were mostly empty.  I doubt there were more than 20,000 actual butts in seats.
Back to the top

The red seats were not for sale, those are premium seats and you're right, they were far from packed.

I think we had a good crowd though, the 2nd quarter was great until everyone realized how freaking bad the game was and that was that.

It sucks to have such a great opportunity to create fans of the program and we come out like we did…who would want to watch that? I'm having a hard time watching it and I'm fanatical.
Back to the top

TeamBeer said

I think we had a good crowd though, the 2nd quarter was great until everyone realized how freaking bad the game was and that was that.

It sucks to have such a great opportunity to create fans of the program and we come out like we did…who would want to watch that? I'm having a hard time watching it and I'm fanatical.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who feels that way.  "Who would want to watch that?"  Exactly!  It's not that I don't support the team or want to see them win; rather, I just don't want me and my friends to be bored to tears.  From the second quarter on, it was just a boring game of really bad football.  If it weren't for the novelty of the stadium opening, I'd want three hours of my life back.  That should pretty much kill attendance; I doubt we have more than a half-filled stadium from here on out.
Back to the top

I would say we will have about 20,000 next week.

Many people are still realizing we have a brand new stadium.

I will be there next week with 3 others that were not there this week.

Also, MTSU lost to WKU too….

ROLL OWLS
Back to the top

TeamBeer said

Only saw 2 of them yesterday.

AEA
Go play Intramural Sports! www.fau.edu/campusrec/imsports/
Back to the top

The said

If it weren't for the novelty of the stadium opening, I'd want three hours of my life back.  That should pretty much kill attendance; I doubt we have more than a half-filled stadium from here on out.

As I see it, FAU needs to win at least two games to reignite the faith that they can win again at home this season.

If not, well, people will come back next season if the buzz of a new coach is strong enough (and heard loudly enough around Palm Beach County, not just to us fans)
Back to the top
Control functions: