Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

WHAT WILL ATTENDANCE BE FOR THE STADIUM OPENING?

Less than 10,000
10,001 to 15,000
15,001 to 20,000
20,001 to 25,000
More than 25,000

You must select between 1 and 31 options

The way the team has played the past two weeks it is hard to think that the new stadium will be full. I have a fear that FAU will see less than 10,000 fans for the stadium opener. That would be a serious kick in the sack and an embarrassment for FAU. Any thoughts?

GO OWLS!!!

2017 and 2019 Conference USA Champions
Back to the top

Re: WHAT WILL ATTENDANCE BE FOR THE STADIUM OPENING?

I dont think there will be less then 10,000 but I agree they way they have played the last two games Im sure people will have lost interest.  Im less than impressed with everything this season.  The talent on the field, coaches, and even the athletic dept.  It had such potential building up, "best recruit class ever", new stadium, cool stadium website for seat selection, and then the wheels fell off.  The ticket selection process was confusing to say the least, it kept getting pushed back, the site crashed during seat selections, and now going into week 3 of the season and were all still waiting for our season tickets.  The only good to come from this season is some new stomping grounds.
Back to the top

owlfan1 said

The way the team has played the past two weeks it is hard to think that the new stadium will be full. I have a fear that FAU will see less than 10,000 fans for the stadium opener. That would be a serious kick in the sack and an embarrassment for FAU. Any thoughts?

GO OWLS!!!

Yes, that is a ridiculous statement.

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

We will have a very good crowd if only for the spectcle of the grand opening. 20-25K minimum (more likely if we are 0-5) or 25-30K if we can win one or both Belt games. I am now praying we are keeping EVERYTHING on O VERY vanilla prior to the conference away games and that our D will be better and the O spring quite a few new wrinkles at them (like a 10+ yard pass attempt, haha). The D has played well, giving up under 40 to top 25 teams (with one td a blocked punt , one fumble return).

EVERYONE be there Oct. 15 and cheer and yell and scream to support OUR OWLS!
Back to the top

Regardless of our record, the opener will still be a big deal.  It's the rest of the games that will struggle…although I think Howard's final home game will get plenty of attention when it gets closer.  It wouldn't surprise me if we get a lot of UM fans at that one to pay tribute to him.
Back to the top

You don't think that every high school team is going to get an allotment of free tickets for the game?…. this will beeef up the attendance… get ready to see lots of jerseys at the game…

"What counts is not necessarily the size of the dog in the fight - it's the size of the fight in the dog."
-Dwight D. Eisenhower
Back to the top

dusky256fc said

owlfan1 said

GO OWLS!!!

Yes, that is a ridiculous statement.

Thank you for your participation.

GO OWLS!!!

Back to the top

Leaning towards 15k -18K actual bodies at this point.

Here's why:

If this team took to the field the last two weeks, and scored 10-12 points in each game, folks would think everything was normal.

Now, when they look back at the last two games and probably the next one as well, and think of "Hey, let's go check out the new FAU Stadium on the 15th", things likely have changed from a paradigm point of view.

No, I am not talking about the 12K fan base that shows up to everything. They will be there in Spirit and to support regardless of the outcome.

Talking about the extra folks needed to fill it up, who are fickle just like most of the south florida community.

Now, the new paradigm is:

"Why would I want to go see a team that can't score a touchdown and has no offense whatsoever."

All stadium hype aside, this is likely to be occurring. Afterall people go to football games when they have no tie to the program for love of the game and to see a team score touchdowns. Right now, we can't do that. But Hopefully it changes - quickly.

Otherwise an actual sellout is completely out of the question, IMHO.
Back to the top

Agreed Rick. The normal fan base will be there, but the way the team has performed I do not see many casual fans or people with little to no interest showing up just because it is the opening of the stadium. I expect in the range of 15,000, but I wouldn't be surprised if less show. Anything less than 25,000 will be disappointing, but not unexpected.

GO OWLS!!!

Back to the top

Found this old picture… this is how attendance used to be…lol

Back to the top
Control functions: