Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Protesters

Protesters

Anyone think there will be some protesters from the "Occupy FAU Rally"  They seemed pretty pissed that there tuition went up, "and for what stadiums" one girl so eloquently put it.  Wait.. stadiumS…  theres more?  When I went there 6 years ago it was $120 a credit, now I think its $140'ish?  not so bad…..

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/palm-beach/boca-raton/fl-occupy-fau-rally-20111013,0,293167.story
Back to the top

Re: Protesters

"Where's the money going?" she asked rhetorically. "Stadiums."

The stadium wasn't paid for by students fees.

Next…….
Back to the top

It's $177 a credit hour and students can clearly see how that gets broken down online so there's no surpises. FAU is just doing what they need to to stay competitive. They should just go to state college if they want to pay less…or how about do really well in school so they earn a scholarship.
Back to the top

People just like to protest something.

Look at what it will bring to the university.  Have you seen those new dorms?  It looks like a four-star resort from the outside.  My little university in West Virginia just got campus wireless in 2004 for heavens sake and we were in 60-70 year old dorm buildings.  These kids have far less to complain about.
Back to the top

When I went there I had to inhale asbestos in Fleming hall…. the facilities are way nicer.  I understand times are tough but you cant blame the school for the jobless market. 
Back to the top

You never hear them say, "What's it going towards? Rec Centers." Do they honestly believe that tuition was raised to pay for the stadium? Really?

A lot of the students don't understand basic things and they're incredibly lazy.

They call NightOwls to take them from HPT to the Cafe (this happens nightly).

I talked to one person who complained that she didn't have a car so she couldn't get groceries. Apparently she doesn't know what a bus is. I also mentioned that while it wasn't entirely convenient, she could walk to Whole Foods at the University Commons. That's why it's there.

"Walk?" she flinched.

In fairness, it's not unreasonable to think that eventually the FAU shuttles will take students to University Commons, the mall and Cinemark. You could have one shuttle that runs that way on the weekends and the other shuttle taking people to Publix, Mizner and the beach.

Back to the top
Control functions: