Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

GET IN THE STADIUM EARLY...

Sorry for all caps but I REALLY wanted to stress it.

Do everything you can to get into the stadium by 3:30 pm PLEASE. I love to tailgate as much as the next person, but we NEED to have as many souls inside as possible when those boys run out onto the field.

They deserve to run out on that field for the first time to a THUNDEROUS roar from the crowd.

Lets make this happen.

I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick @$$ and I'm out of bubble gum.

Back to the top

Re: GET IN THE STADIUM EARLY...

Agreed...
Back to the top

Especially since this is the first kickoff, first game...etc...there will be cameras everywhere... We want to have a good looking crowd in the pics...

"What counts is not necessarily the size of the dog in the fight - it's the size of the fight in the dog."
-Dwight D. Eisenhower
Back to the top

I second that.
DO IT at least for this game.
People getting into the stadium 15 min. after kick off should not happen tomorrow.
You have from 12 to 3:30 to tailgate.
Every single coach, staff, former players and the team deserve an unforgettable entrance to the stadium.
They have been waiting for years just like we have, so make it special tomorrow.
Back to the top

Since the tailgating and parking will be so spread out, FAU needs to configure some sort of communications effort just before the Owl Walk starts and when the pre-game is about to start. Is there any sort of sound system on campus? Maybe some emergency alert horn blasts? Maybe that proposed ship's horn from the stadium sound system? Maybe campus police could use their car PA systems and encourage people to head for the stadium? Maybe parts of the band marching around letting people know to come in?

One thing common to Sun Belt schools is the problem of people tailgating through the game and especially missing the pre-game, due to other games on TV or whatever. Look at a Troy or Arkansas State game in the early first quarter and half of the people are not there. It looks bad. At one Troy game two years ago, I walked past a guy just starting to grill chicken - 30 minutes before game time. FAU should start strong by discouraging that.

Maybe the true fans could grad others and announce that the game is starting to others as they walk in and literally get the entrance marching going.

BTW, Howard announced the first Owl Walk, and encouraged fans and students to be on the breezeway between the cafeteria and stadium starting around 1:30 Saturday.
Back to the top

BUMP!!!!!

I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick @$$ and I'm out of bubble gum.

Back to the top

I'm here…are you??
Back to the top

GET IN THE STADIUM EARLY...

Typical fau fashion, parking is a at 12:30 . All the entrances are blocked except Glades, no signs and the sheriff office cops are extremely arrogant and rude and
. Great first
impression. UGH !
Back to the top

I would say there are about 2K right now...start making your way shortly!
Back to the top
Control functions: