Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

What happened to FAU???

What happened to FAU???

Hey guys… last time I posted on this board I was congratulating you on your success back in 2007.

What happened? Seriously, not kicking you while you're down, I'm just curious to know what happened to the program? Tremendous downward spiral… and now a bad loss against WKU during your home opener. Although, you do have our number =)

Congrats on the new stadium as well.  :)
Back to the top

Re: What happened to FAU???

The short answer is the coaching staff. They've been handcuffed by facilities for a decade and it finally caught up to us. We've been able to mask a lot of problems with above average QB play. Not anymore. As FIU knows, recruit a few playmakers and you win games, well this staff has not been able to get a single playmaker since Gary Nord left. Luckily, this entire staff is gone in 6 games and hopefully things will improve soon.

The stadium is awesome. I mean, really really awesome. Can't wait until the Shula Bowl is here next year. Hopefully things will be completely different on our end.
Back to the top

Just wondering but what is the budget for our staff…. I was told the Offensive coordinator only makes about 46k, how can we recruit good coaches in a D1 program with that kind of budget. 
Back to the top

bighooter said

Just wondering but what is the budget for our staff…. I was told the Offensive coordinator only makes about 46k, how can we recruit good coaches in a D1 program with that kind of budget.
That's more than enough for someone who just calls dive right, bubble screen, quick slant, all game.
Back to the top

Welcome to the world of mid-major football.    FAU does not have money.  And when I've spoken to front office people, it was clear they are working on a shoestring budget.

There is enough money though to get a coaching staff in there that gives a sh*t.

FAU Class of '87
Back to the top

That $46K number can't be right.  I couldn't find a more recent list, but these salaries are public information.  Here is the 2008-09 budget(go to page 211 and 212): http://www.fau.edu/budget/files/08-09-OperatingBudget.pdf

Gary Nord made over $150K as the OC.  I'm sure Jackson isn't getting that, but it's got to be significantly more then $46K since he made close to that in 2008 as a WR coach.  Heck, Hoza made $130K.

This also shows how valuable Nord was to this staff.  Our offense hasn't been the same since he left, and neither has our recruiting of offensive talent.  Rusty credited Nord for his development today on the radio.  I guess it shouldn't be suprising that our QB play has been so terrible since they are being coached by Jackson (a WR coach) and Jared Allen (a coach with very little experience).  
Back to the top

fauowls44 said

This also shows how valuable Nord was to this staff.  Our offense hasn't been the same since he left, and neither has our recruiting of offensive talent.

Agreed. Although people bemoaned his play-calling from time to time too, he helped us get into bowl games. The loss of Nord was more important than we probably realized at the time.

Jackson should have been demoted and a new OC should have been brought in before this season.

Back to the top

Heck, Hoza made $130K
  yea but most everyone else made 33k, 35k, 37k, 42k, 39k 29k  ect…. very few made decent money.
Back to the top
Control functions: