Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Stadium way better than expected, traffic plan a disaster !@

Tons of energy in the student endzone, Loved the bar on the home side, sound system great.

Boca Police and the university completely botched the traffic flow into the stadium and relied on traffic lights on Glades as opposed to putting boots on the ground to direct traffic.  Should have opened up both sides in and both sides out.  Total disaster.
Back to the top

Re: Stadium way better than expected, traffic plan a disaster !@

The school has many things how about when they have 5,000 student entering the stadium there was one gate student were allowed and had 4 people checking owl cards. A small riot broke out when student just starting to bull rush in a i heard a couple kids got trampled. 50 cops had to run to the gates and shut them until they just started letting student in without even checking cards.
Back to the top

This was there first time… tough to predict traffic…  I was out in 20 min, it was alot better than I expected.
Back to the top

Stadium way better than expected, traffic plan a disaster !@

owlcountry40 said

The school has many things how about when they have 5,000 student entering the stadium there was one gate student were allowed and had 4 people checking owl cards. A small riot broke out when student just starting to bull rush in a i heard a couple kids got trampled. 50 cops had to run to the gates and shut them until they just started letting student in without even checking cards.

This. How many students? Only one entrance. I saw that riot, and I saw people get maced and arrested.
Back to the top

I saw more cops just standing around doing nothing and drivers just left to guess where and when to proceed.  They had two lanes go down to one and had needless barricades that screwed up a normal flow.  Most unbelievable thing was not allowing traffic to turn right on Spanish River exiting to the north.  Forcing people to make U turns before the 95 overpass. 
Back to the top

The plan the University worked out with local residents at the north entrance was to require left hand turns upon exiting onto Spanish River Blvd. to get back to I95.  They even made it possible to turn north onto Military without waiting for the light. It actually worked quite well.  The fear was that folks turning right onto Spanish River would cut through the residential area working their way back to Yamato Road.  It's gonna take a while to work out all the kinks and keep the locals happy.  Patience! I was more hacked off about our teams performance than anything else.
Back to the top

Code

Most unbelievable thing was not allowing traffic to turn right on Spanish River exiting to the north.  Forcing people to make U turns before the 95 overpass.

huh…I saw a ton of people making that turn… I thought it worked out pretty well….  When ever you have 20,000 people leaving at the same time for the first time there are bound to be some kinks….

No complaints here
Back to the top

Getting in was way worse than getting out.
Back to the top

I took Glades to 4th, south to Palmetto and then got on 95 there. No reason to wait in line to get on at Glades with a million other people! :)

FAU said

owlcountry40 said

This. How many students? Only one entrance. I saw that riot, and I saw people get maced and arrested.

The Northeast has an entrance too, right? Wonder if that couldn't that be a student entrance as well.
Back to the top

If you think it was bad getting out this time, imagine how it would have been had people actually stayed until the end of the game.  I doubt there were more than 3,000 around at the end.
Back to the top
Control functions: